THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grousegrove

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Matt
Think I’ll try barbecuing a 6 lb boneless leg of lamb. It came trussed up in one of those basket contraptions and I was thinking I’d leave it that way. Is this a mistake? Last time I did this it was bone-in and I hadn’t considered this.

Tips welcome.

If cooking on a spit, it should stay trussed. Otherwise, I would butterfly it out to provide more area for smoke, and it would cook a little faster. But trussed might retain more moisture.

I'll use the socks when I'm hanging things in my drum, like shoulder hams or loin hams, but otherwise I don't like them.

One year our lamb supplier gave us boneless legs with socks (top shelf) instead of bone-in legs without socks. I was afraid they might come apart a little during cooking so we left them on. Here is what they looked like - once sliced you don't see the little puffy squares.

kRc8BTo.jpg

I'll use the socks when I'm hanging things in my drum, like shoulder hams or loin hams, but otherwise I don't like them.

One year our lamb supplier gave us boneless legs with socks (top shelf) instead of bone-in legs without socks. I was afraid they might come apart a little during cooking so we left them on. Here is what they looked like - once sliced you don't see the little puffy squares.

kRc8BTo.jpg

Those look great! I may be biased because I'm from Kentucky but BBQ Lamb is the best!

Back