Australia Day Lamb

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bill
G'Day Lamb Lovers!

Every Year there's a new Ad for having Lamb on Australia Day. This one brings us all together! The Generation Gap | 2024 Lamb ad

So I managed to use my WGA for the first time up here on the Gold Coast :mrgreen:

Here it is... An original!
P-20240126-184238.jpg

These heat beads were all I had, but good enough for the job.
P-20240126-184250.jpg

What you are looking at here is a small butterflied leg of lamb. I thinned it out a bit more because I was doing more grilling on this thing than anything else.
P-20240126-184820.jpg

As you can see it grilled up very nicely.
P-20240126-191353.jpg

P-20240126-191408.jpg

Once it had enough colour, I put the lid on and dropped the air intakes for about 15 minutes just to get it cooked through.

After resting, it posed for a beauty shot.
P-20240126-193919.jpg

Then a sliced shot. It looks a little "over" here but actually was about right. My fellow diners don't like it too rare, so accommodating all tastes.
P-20240126-194015-EDIT.jpg

P-20240126-194120.jpg

I ate mine outside on the patio in 85 F heat, watching the Test Match in Brisbane.
P-20240126-194434.jpg

You can't get more Australian than that!

Cheers!

Bill

looks like you're settling in nicely. Looks like my kind of evening right there....just replace that cricket thingy with baseball :wink:

I'll remind you all that there is NO Fosters in Australia. Every time they try to bring it back, we don't like it. If they actually made it a premium lager like a Steinlager from NZ, then it might work but they keep putting the Fosters label on swill.

I like my lamb still with a pulse Bob!

And I like Baseball Adam. I like it a lot, and I can watch both. It does not have to be one or the other. Two very different games!

Cheers!

Bill

And I like Baseball Adam. I like it a lot, and I can watch both. It does not have to be one or the other. Two very different games!

Cheers!

Bill

I love learning about “new” sports. From rugby to cricket…I’ll always give it a chance. Admittedly, cricket has been challenging for me to pick up. Perhaps one day we’ll discuss over some brisket, whiskey and cigars.

Looks like a fine meal, I can meat about any doness but not raw on the outside and needs to be warm on the inside. Looks like the little grill that could lol

^^^^ Other bits were a little pinker, but yes I was overdone for our personal tastes. Still it was a good result.

I'll remind you all that there is NO Fosters in Australia. Every time they try to bring it back, we don't like it. If they actually made it a premium lager like a Steinlager from NZ, then it might work but they keep putting the Fosters label on swill.
I hope you know I'm kidding. :razz:

P-20240128-112242.jpg

It did exist. I found this can in an Antique shop today. Still nobody wants to buy it. :heh:

Back