THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For a packer? I've never seen a packer at my local Kroger - it's always the flat.

I live in a region surrounded by 15million bovines, multiple large and small processors and full packer brisket is 3-7 dollars per pound. Price difference in grade is minimal. Prices between retail stores, and retail small processors can be couple dollars per pound. I tend to buy full packers with large points in the 9-11# range. If the brisket looks like an oversized flat iron I leave it be. Regardless of grade.

They are whole packers. Kroger had a similar sale last summer which was odd because our's doesn't normally stock packers. I got 3 and my brother got a total of 10. We had no complaints about quality. I will be going later today to confirm and buy

For all you guys in Florida that have been waiting and waiting forever for a brisket sale, Winn Dixie has finally come through.

3 day weekend sale Friday, Saturday, and Sunday $2.99 a pound for choice Angus packer at Winn Dixie.

Not as good as some other sales I've seen reported here further north, but it's the first time I've seen brisket below $3.96 a pound in ages for Florida.

Stopped by Kroger last night. Sales flyer only had corned beef flat for $5/lb. They had chuck roast for $4/lb, but didn't have any left. The whole store looked wiped out.

Back