Kroger Brisket

For a packer? I've never seen a packer at my local Kroger - it's always the flat.

I live in a region surrounded by 15million bovines, multiple large and small processors and full packer brisket is 3-7 dollars per pound. Price difference in grade is minimal. Prices between retail stores, and retail small processors can be couple dollars per pound. I tend to buy full packers with large points in the 9-11# range. If the brisket looks like an oversized flat iron I leave it be. Regardless of grade.

They are whole packers. Kroger had a similar sale last summer which was odd because our's doesn't normally stock packers. I got 3 and my brother got a total of 10. We had no complaints about quality. I will be going later today to confirm and buy

For all you guys in Florida that have been waiting and waiting forever for a brisket sale, Winn Dixie has finally come through.

3 day weekend sale Friday, Saturday, and Sunday $2.99 a pound for choice Angus packer at Winn Dixie.

Not as good as some other sales I've seen reported here further north, but it's the first time I've seen brisket below $3.96 a pound in ages for Florida.

Stopped by Kroger last night. Sales flyer only had corned beef flat for $5/lb. They had chuck roast for $4/lb, but didn't have any left. The whole store looked wiped out.

Back