Weston Pro 1100 vs 2600/2100??

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
My trusty Food Saver is finally not pulling as great a vacuum anymore. Gonna still return it to Costco and see about a refund, but time to move on to something better. That thing lasted a lot of years of comps and home cooking when I was doing it a lot.

I read through a few older threads when folks were asking and giving advice on the Westons.

Costco right now has the 1100 on sale for $269, which is $70 less than what normal retail is so my inclination is to go this route.

I don't see the need for the 2600 which can do up to 16" bags or the 2100 with 15". Last time I needed to seal something larger than an 11" i just use expandable bags. And the few comps we do every year I trim brisket and pork down so much that 11" bags work.

So just looking for advice on what I might be missing out on those models which are both around $400. I know they have a little more wattage and clear sealing window.

https://westonbrands.com/vacuum-sealers-and-bags
https://www.costco.com/.product.100...kwG3f2ilPv7+vV051g0Y2wsuUGNv/iQ6ULJ4US36cgxM=

Good luck on picking a new 1, My foodsaver is about 7 years old and still working, how can you return something when its years old ? Mine had a 5 year warranty which i thought was great but not sure where i bought it would have been responsible for returning or replacement

Jason,
I don’t have any experience with those models but I’ve owned a 2300 for 10-12 years. It’s worked flawlessly the whole time. Weston stuff is top quality.

I too upgraded from foodsaver to the 2300, so much better. Besides having a heavier vacuum pump, the much wider seal bar is a very real improvement.

Good luck on picking a new 1, My foodsaver is about 7 years old and still working, how can you return something when its years old ? Mine had a 5 year warranty which i thought was great but not sure where i bought it would have been responsible for returning or replacement

The last foodsaver I had that I returned because it died was like 4-5yrs old and costco took it back. not sure what their policy is now, but I'll at least try :becky:

Jason,
I don’t have any experience with those models but I’ve owned a 2300 for 10-12 years. It’s worked flawlessly the whole time. Weston stuff is top quality.

^^^ This ^^^
I bought a 2300 3 or 4 years ago and LOVE it. Really wanted a vacuum chamber unit but couldn't justify the price jump.
Don't think you can wrong with any weston unit.

I upgraded from foodsaver to a 2300 in 2015 and haven’t had any problems. In 2018 I picked up a VacMaster VP215 and it gets the most use. It’s amazing how much the price has increased in what seems like a few short years.

Thanks everyone so far.

Looks like the 2600 is the newer 2300?? Weston doesn't show the 2300 in stock.

I guess I'm trying to justify the extra ~$130 just for it to be wider when I literally haven't had that need since I can even remember.

That being said I've paid more for a better/larger version of a lot of things over the years that I didn't need.................:icon_blush:

Did anyone miss not having a bag cutter? Just caught the 2300 doesn't. But I guess easy enough to do with scissors.

I have the 2300. Great machine and rebuildable. The heat sealing bar burned out, got a new bar and back in business. Even managed to suck liquid into the snorkel, which was user error, as I missed the seal button and I tore it apart and got it working again. However, it sits in my garage since I got my JVR 100 chamber vac. Get a chamber vac and don’t look back.

I have an 1100 which I liked a lot UNTIL:

The lid is latched closed with a pair of plastic push-push type latches. They are plastic and probably cost about a nickel apiece. Well, one of mine broke and Weston refused to sell me the part. So a $300 machine doesn't work because it's missing a nickel part. I made a big fuss and the rep finally offered me a 25% discount on a replacement sealer. I should pay 75% of the cost of a new one with the same weak plastic part ?? And give them a sale that they will make some money on?

This is not a company I will ever do business with again.

Love my 2600. Overkill but if you have the space you won’t be disappointed.

I have the Weston Pro 2300. It's been working great for the last 6 years with no issues. I would recommend Weston over any similar type of sealer.

Did anyone miss not having a bag cutter? Just caught the 2300 doesn't. But I guess easy enough to do with scissors.

I haven’t use rolls to make bags in years. Buy the bags in bulk (100-200) and there very inexpensive, $26+- for 200 quart size. I buy pints and quarts for 90% of my stuff. I bought 50 each of gallon and 2 (?) gallon about 5 years ago and still have ar least 1/2 of them left.

You people are just the worst enablers................:p

TFDvXjtl.png

Hopefully cabelas will honor the original cabelas warranty on the 15" one I got from them roughly 8 years ago ... if it ever breaks?

Well it shipped out today already (at least the shipping label is created). So I'll have to report back when it arrives. I still have about 36lbs of rib roast from the Dec Publix sale to cut up into steaks and seal up, so will give it a good test run when it arrives.

aV28aADl.jpg

Back