THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LYU370

Resident Idjit
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a Brethren Inspired Throwdown going on? I had to go way back to one of Gore's posts for "Fried" Chicken. Had never heard of it before and this is the post that got me started making it. If you've never tried it, you should, it's always a crowd favorite! THANKS Gore!

Cooking with the Master: Southern-style Chicken, Episode X

These days I prefer the dry coating vs the batter coating, but I had to go back to what hooked me. Either one will have you licking your lips, CRUNCHY Goodness!

Started with light cream, egg, flour, baking powder, red pepper flakes and since this throwdown is sponsored by a Brethren favorite, Oakridge BBQ, some Game Bird & Chicken rub & SPOGOS.

Mix it up, coat the chicken thighs, add a dusting of additional flour, paprika & chili powder and onto the Big Joe at 400 with a chunk of post oak..

FUC6rd3.jpg

H9DOJlo.jpg

eBdorxW.jpg

Getting there...

I5SIwUw.jpg

gWZuR1H.jpg

wlz32KU.jpg

And it's done, plated up on some slaw and a side of veg.

933b4Cp.jpg

S9w4iNJ.jpg

rYBl2Tc.jpg

Was crunchy & tasty! Thanks for looking.

Looks fantastic, Andy!!
Can't go wrong with Gore's recipes. :-D

Back