THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MIne will be done next week, originally the 24 x 42 patio..ended up with the 24 x 50 elevated modified trailer. Now I need to get it out here somehow. I spent months changing in my mind what I wanted...think I future proofed it enough.

Do you know how long your cooker is?

IIRC my 24x55 is right at 12' but I have a burner up front and that includes the handle sticking out of the firebox.

Man this is all cool stuff, guess you have to look at building one of these like building a house. Build as big as you can afford, and get all the features you can the first time around. As for the size, I am planning on a 24x50 elevated straight back as of now. For me to get a visual on just how much cooking area that is, I took each of the 3 grates multiplied by 40, and then the 30" depth. Works out to 12' long by 2.5 feet deep. To put that into perspective, look at 2 - 6' folding tables end to end. Pretty much going through the same thing as you Rockytop, started out with a patio model 24x60 and has morphed into my "outdoor kitchen" on wheels. Good luck on getting it like you want it.

Man this is all cool stuff, guess you have to look at building one of these like building a house. Build as big as you can afford, and get all the features you can the first time around. As for the size, I am planning on a 24x50 elevated straight back as of now. For me to get a visual on just how much cooking area that is, I took each of the 3 grates multiplied by 40, and then the 30" depth. Works out to 12' long by 2.5 feet deep. To put that into perspective, look at 2 - 6' folding tables end to end. Pretty much going through the same thing as you Rockytop, started out with a patio model 24x60 and has morphed into my "outdoor kitchen" on wheels. Good luck on getting it like you want it.

It is tough to decide. I'm trying to balance between future proofing it and going overboard.

My bad....

Correction: used a little voodoo math there. 10' long by 30" deep, but hopefully you get the picture.....

Back