THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I’ve got 3 brisket points that will go on the WSM on Monday, I’ll chop them for sandwiches, chili etc. home made pizza and wings on Sunday while watching the NASCAR race happening in Chicago.

for 15 years the 4th was planned out. go to moms. do the parade. some Q. fireworks. We'd watch a movie (same one every year). there was usually a big party hosted also. two years ago that ended so now I'm a nomad. tentative plans include ribs Saturday, pork Sunday and a brisket for Tuesday.

I'll probably go over to my parents and let the kiddo light off some of the lame excuse we have for fireworks here in Oregon.

As far as food, probably nothing for me. I finally bit the bullet and had a gastric sleeve done about a month ago. I'm still struggling with keeping solid food down, so I'm surviving on broths, yogurt and protein shakes, which don't exactly work well in the smoker. On the plus side, including the pre-op diet I'm down 50+ pounds in just about 2 months. Halfway to my goal weight already.

I was planning on MSU'ing something for the fattie throwdown but right now even the thought of it makes me gag. I dunno, maybe I'll suck it up and do it anyway and let the rest of the family eat it. :loco:

I'm kinda late to this thread but I'll chime in! Not much happenin here. Kids is all the family We have around here and they all have other plans. Seems like they all (just two of 'em, the other two don't live around here ) are going outta town to the "other family". Thinkin about throwin a chicken on the pit and a salad. We're both eatin a little light nowadays. I'm sure Mrs. Lobo will also throw somthin into the mix but it's always a mystery until it's done and it's always good!

agent orange finally got my uncle so burial will be saturday and might smoke some ribs sunday, wont be in the mood to do much saturday i'm afraid, i was uaware he had a bronze star along with a purple heart though, hate to find stuff out to late but he was never 1 to talk about vietnam

Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace, he made it back, he is a Hero in my book, there is nothing to talk about, just memories that never go away.

Last edited:
Cowgirl I ran across a post sometime today that stated Henry had a recall out on their 45/70, I didn't open it but you might want to take a look, have fun stay safe folks

Cowgirl I ran across a post sometime today that stated Henry had a recall out on their 45/70, I didn't open it but you might want to take a look, have fun stay safe folks

Thanks Mike! My rifle isn't on the list. The recall is for December 2022 and newer models.
I appreciate the heads up!! :cool:

Heading out to Tennessee Monday. Going in Jackson, Perryville (vacation home on the Tennessee River) then Knoxville area for a wedding.

Cooked a brisket, chicken and sausage and vac packed all for meals (plus taking a couple of briskets to my nephew).

Gonna smoke and then reverse sear some center cut pork loin chops tomorrow.
Tuesday gonna rotisserie a prime rib roast.

Prayers sent for safe travels frognot, we got 2 major interstates that merge here in Knoxville so wrecks aplenty some days, working Monday and off the 4th and will be watching to see what everybody cooks

Back