Joining the Shirley Family

Have you figured out how your going to get it to CA? I have a shirley on order and am still working on shipping.

I believe there was a Shirley owner here that used westam transport with great results and pricing or posting a listing on uship.

I'll probably start inquiring about shipping once I get a eta from the shirleys.

Congrats on the cooker. What you getting?

Any information I find out I will be sure to message that to you.

Really REALLY AWESOME smoker!

We want pics of the break in run and the first cook!

I believe there was a Shirley owner here that used westam transport with great results and pricing or posting a listing on uship.

I'll probably start inquiring about shipping once I get a eta from the shirleys.

Congrats on the cooker. What you getting?

Any information I find out I will be sure to message that to you.

I would really appreciate that. I will do the same. I ordered a 24x65 Wagon wheel model. Still working on exactly what options I'm going with. So much to choose from! Wife gave me the go ahead to order whatever I want on it.

OP: Sorry I don't mean to thread jack. Just trying /sharing info. Can't wait to see your cooker in action.

Very nice looking pit, and it also puts me one person closer. Sadly I am on the list for March, maybe February.

Hey, what size are those swivel caster wheels? I'm looking at different solutions to my vertical offset because the 10 Inch caster wheels are bent all out of whack! I need to evaluate my movement of the cooker. I have to wheel it in and out of the garage every time I cook on it.

That's a great looking pit!

They look like 10"

20160724_130153_zpseaceocz9.jpg

Left Baton Rouge at 6am and got to Tuscaloosa at 11am. Had lunch at Dreamland BBQ then arrived to the Shirleys around noon. Met Paul, Tyler and Sharon. Really nice folks (even though they pull for the crimson tide). Tyler had the smoker loaded and strapped down by 12:45. We arrived home around 6pm safely with her (yet to be named). Loaded up the OKJ and delivered it to its new owner. The seasoning and break in cook will have to wait until next weekend as there is 75% chance of rain this afternoon.

She is safely covered and tucked into her corner:

20160724_104052_zpsxs7zhkf9.jpg

Congrats!!

Was that smoker custom made for you?

Also, on the caster wheels, are the tires solid or pneumatic?

Again, congratulations! I'm green with envy!!

Congrats!!

Was that smoker custom made for you?

Also, on the caster wheels, are the tires solid or pneumatic?

Again, congratulations! I'm green with envy!!

Its a Shirley Fabrication patio model with some options added. The swivel tires are pneumatic and the others on the firebox/warmer end are trailer tires.

Its a Shirley Fabrication patio model with some options added. The swivel tires are pneumatic and the others on the firebox/warmer end are trailer tires.

I guess I left out a word:

"Was that smoker COVER custom made for you?"

I think that's the first pic we've had of one of those covers.

Looks great.

Can't wait to see the pit in action!

Back