THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks great. I don't make Jambalaya often enough but it's such a good meal. The Andouille i can find here sure isn't authentic and my own recipe isnt quite right yet.

I don't use a roux in mine either, the color comes from browning meat and a healthy lob of tomato paste.

Seen Emeril Lagasse make it a lot of years ago and liked the looks of it,make a med rue then simmer the trinity in it then add all the meats ect back in that you already browned. really good stuff imo. Adds another layer of flavor , I will use brown rice sometimes gives it a nuttier flavor.

Seen Emeril Lagasse make it a lot of years ago and liked the looks of it,make a med rue then simmer the trinity in it then add all the meats ect back in that you already browned. really good stuff imo. Adds another layer of flavor , I will use brown rice sometimes gives it a nuttier flavor.

I've seen Emeril make "Hoppin' John" with green/English peas and call it authentic.:shocked: Sometimes it's obvious his head hasn't seen the light of day in a while. His recipes are not all to be trusted.:doh:

Thank you Dom Made this yesterday Both Kay and I liked it. Was a little spicy for Kay Somehow I thought Hot Hungarian Paprika was the same as sweeet paprika so thats what I used Will definitely make again Right now a lot of left overs to eat first Will prob give some to my son and D-I-L

Thank you Dom Made this yesterday Both Kay and I liked it. Was a little spicy for Kay Somehow I thought Hot Hungarian Paprika was the same as sweeet paprika so thats what I used Will definitely make again Right now a lot of left overs to eat first Will prob give some to my son and D-I-L

Sounds good, George. I'm glad the post was an inspiration.

Back