Jambalaya

Looks great. I don't make Jambalaya often enough but it's such a good meal. The Andouille i can find here sure isn't authentic and my own recipe isnt quite right yet.

I don't use a roux in mine either, the color comes from browning meat and a healthy lob of tomato paste.

I would definitely be in line behind the other brethren to get a bowl of that stuff! Fantastic job, sir!

Seen Emeril Lagasse make it a lot of years ago and liked the looks of it,make a med rue then simmer the trinity in it then add all the meats ect back in that you already browned. really good stuff imo. Adds another layer of flavor , I will use brown rice sometimes gives it a nuttier flavor.

Seen Emeril Lagasse make it a lot of years ago and liked the looks of it,make a med rue then simmer the trinity in it then add all the meats ect back in that you already browned. really good stuff imo. Adds another layer of flavor , I will use brown rice sometimes gives it a nuttier flavor.

I've seen Emeril make "Hoppin' John" with green/English peas and call it authentic.:shocked: Sometimes it's obvious his head hasn't seen the light of day in a while. His recipes are not all to be trusted.:doh:

Thank you Dom Made this yesterday Both Kay and I liked it. Was a little spicy for Kay Somehow I thought Hot Hungarian Paprika was the same as sweeet paprika so thats what I used Will definitely make again Right now a lot of left overs to eat first Will prob give some to my son and D-I-L

Thank you Dom Made this yesterday Both Kay and I liked it. Was a little spicy for Kay Somehow I thought Hot Hungarian Paprika was the same as sweeet paprika so thats what I used Will definitely make again Right now a lot of left overs to eat first Will prob give some to my son and D-I-L

Sounds good, George. I'm glad the post was an inspiration.

Back