Inspiration needed!

daveca83

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dave
I am going to a party tomorrow and said I’d smoke or bbq something to take. I said this a week ago and time has passed quicker then I thought it would! I’m looking to take something which can potentially be eaten cold (not sure how much space they have to heat stuff up as they will do kids food too). I’ve done wings and burnt ends before, as well as pork belly bites.

They will already have a pork shoulder roast for sandwiches, sausages/links and desserts.

I’m looking for something that takes 6 hours or less ideally. Any ideas?

Abts. Instead of bacon wrap with thin sliced tri tip

I have also done sliced tri tip woth smoked cheese and peppers on top of crackers

Pizza dip with smoked cheese then shredded is good cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoked Chex Mix, so good you can’t keep your face out of it.

Smoked cream cheese, seasoned with your favorite rub, best served warm but room temperature is good!

Smoked Chex Mix, so good you can’t keep your face out of it.

Smoked cream cheese, seasoned with your favorite rub, best served warm but room temperature is good!

The cream cheese also reheats quickly, if you just have a few moments in their oven.

I assume I will NOT have oven space when I travel, unless I discuss it with the host in advance. There are tons of methods to keep things warm (foil/towel/cooler, crockpot, portable roaster) or take something that will maintain heat for a while (like baked beans (keris hog apple is what I use, Wompus is also popular!), once you get that solid mass heated up, it will hold!) or maybe a shredded beef? I haven't heard Pepper Stout Beef mentioned here in a while, that in a crock pot would be great to take.

I see you are in the UK, so you could have different cuts than we are used to. I wouldn't go out on a limb with something exotic and new in this case. A staple that has a hundred reviews here will be a good starting point, and you won't be at a last minute scramble on how to adjust something.

Smoked deviled eggs. Perfect cold

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Never tried that. Now I have to!

How about your usual buffalo chicken and cream cheese dip but made with smoked cream cheese and smoked chicken meat?

2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles

How about your usual buffalo chicken and cream cheese dip but made with smoked cream cheese and smoked chicken meat?

2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles

I was going to suggest this idea too. This is my go to dish to bring to parties. Smoking the chicken makes this dip unique and better than any other version. I haven't tried smoking the cream cheese - great idea, I'll have to try that!

I made moink balls. The pictures attached! Next time a may add cheese but they went down well!

Attachments

• 29F67627-B3E9-479C-8BE4-9BD9EA851553.jpg
    29F67627-B3E9-479C-8BE4-9BD9EA851553.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 72F22857-F87E-4C56-96EE-6B18024002ED.jpg
    72F22857-F87E-4C56-96EE-6B18024002ED.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 48010E85-1414-4C7E-88B0-7DB1DEADEB2F.jpg
    48010E85-1414-4C7E-88B0-7DB1DEADEB2F.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 45
They look perfect Dave. Only trouble I would have is half of them would have been gone before making it to the party.

Back