Inheriting a trailered offset smoker

been a while since I updated the thread.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vyphjkw4zpXven1i7

We took the whole family and my parents on a whirlwind trip down to TX to collect the smoker and mower. Very glad we trailered it back...never would have made it back.
Smoker:
- the tires were Pre-2000 and date code ended in a "9"....could have been '99....maybe '89?
- one bearing sounded sorta okay, the other was dry.
- Once we got it all back, we worked on smoker first. She got new bearings. New trailer wiring and lights, with wires in wire loom, trying to protect as much as possible. Needed a new foot for the front stand...was a large wheel and was having some clearance issues moving it around. Dad wants to paint it...so he's doing that. the wooden shelves will be the coolest, we are having a deck also put on this month using Tiger Wood...I asked the decking company to order a few extra boards for the smoker, they said no problem! :D
- Inside the smoker was a cast-iron pot with lid....lid didn't want to come off....I eventually opened it up and there was 10-15yr old "something" in there. I eventually learned it was likely peach cobbler. I got it scraped out, incinerated on the weber, then re-seasoned. Made some corn bread in it and it was pretty darn good and came out easier than a glass dish.

Mower:
- I bought a few tune up pieces and front tires for it. Went to change generator belt on it and belt wouldn't come out...driveshaft was blocking it. so we thought we'd unbolt the motor and rock it forward...but had to take front grille off...which meant the loader has to come off. Got all that done and rigged up a battery to turn it over...heard knocking. Checked compression...nothing. poured some oil down the hole and re-checked...only 60lbs...so we pulled the engine completely off. Looked closer at the engine, what should have been a 12hp engine turned out to be a 16hp engine...so now looking to rebuild that.

Back