THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got to call BS on that one Harold. A Weber Spirit would be Perfect for the application. I've had one that I paid $276 for about ten years ago. After much heavy use, I replaced the flavorizer bars burners. and porcelain enameled cast iron grills. Weber customer support treated me just like anyone with their high end stuff. Before this little Weber I had gone through about 5 other gassers you see out in front of the big box stores. This is the only one that has lasted.

We are in the same situation. Need a quick grilling on a week night, BAM and done.

Highly recommend one for this application.

ejyWhhZ.jpg

PS, I'll go against anyone on the steaks that it can do at HH.

tEiQZlX.jpg

kuwEbIA.jpg

RVvjzlc.jpg

Good Luck on your choice OP. :thumb:

You can call bull**** all ya want bro... I’ve got one of the newer front burner models and it’s not up to Weber standards. Not junk, but not what it should be for the price.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I paid about $400 for a 210...

VR,
Harold

Whoa, That's different. My Daughter bought an old style 210 several years back and it's still going strong. That is a high price though. Do you think it will last? Weber is very good about shipping parts free if it's still within the 10 year warranty or at least it used to be that way.

Also, I should have said "Respectfully" call BS. :razz:

Whoa, That's different. My Daughter bought an old style 210 several years back and it's still going strong. That is a high price though. Do you think it will last? Weber is very good about shipping parts free if it's still within the 10 year warranty or at least it used to be that way.

Also, I should have said "Respectfully" call BS. :razz:

No worries... I think it will hold up a few seasons. Just have to baby it a little more than I’m used to with Weber. I was just annoyed at having to replace the burner so soon.

BTW... No replacement parts on Weber’s website. Had to go aftermarket...

Never called though.

VR,
Harold

No worries... I think it will hold up a few seasons. Just have to baby it a little more than I’m used to with Weber. I was just annoyed at having to replace the burner so soon.

Never called though.

VR,
Harold

Give them a call and have your model and serial #'s. They are Great! I did register with Weber when I first purchased it and they had me on file. Not saying it will be free but it will be Genuine Weber replacement parts. :thumb:

On edit

qGK285h.jpg

byfA5OA.jpg

Would wife consider a refurbished Weber with new grates?

Seriously, any other grill you get for $250 or less is just going to fall apart after a year or two. I just finished restoring a 14 year old Weber that I'm giving to my nephew. Should last him 10 years or more with minimal future investment

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Couple of points. Weber's website is crap wiyh regards to parts. Call customer service e and give them your serial number, they can then find all the parts for the Spirit.

Second, burners are warranted for either 5 or 10 years. Too lazy to check which one right now. If yours corroded after one year, Weber would have replaced them under warranty had you called them.

Never called though.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks but if you look up "SPOILED ROTTEN" in the dictionary it has a glossy 8x10 pic of the wife.
She doesn't "Do" anything used!:cop:

Does she do Google? Have her do some homework on the subject and compile a 'short list' of grills.... see what is on it, and go from there.

I was just looking at them for my daughter this weekend. Leaned towards one of the Broil Kings. Seemed to be closer to a Genesis level build quality for a little less than Spirit prices

My vote goes for A) a Craigslist new in box Weber Q or B) a new bought from store Weber Q.

I picked up a small Baby Q (Q 1200) for my mom. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If you have an appreciation for the simplicity, reliability and functionality of Weber charcoal kettles, then the Q series Weber gassers are the grill for you.

Built like tanks, very few parts, easy to assemble, easy to maintain. Line it with foil to keep it pristine, spray the enameled grates with cooking spray and grill away.

I hooked it up for her and immediately noticed how quick the temps were climbing. So I shot a video in real time as a demonstration.

https://youtu.be/zPduCy5gBxs

I appreciate all the opinions. Some were helpful but some still beat the Weber drum. I realize Weber is a great grill but the price even for a 2 burner Spirit is just too much for the budget right now. Those who continue to press for Craigslist don't have to deal with my wife.
There may be a Weber in the future if she really uses the cheap one.
The local Navy Exchange has a 3 burner Charbroil with a side burner for $169 and there is a scratch off due soon. That means at least another 5% off the price and no 7% sales tax so that's probably the way we'll go. Even if it's cheaper at Walmart the NEX will match the price and I still save sales tax.
Most of what I hear about the Charbroil is they are fine for the intended use (quick grilling) but they don't last long.
Thanks again for all the responses.

Check out the Huntington brand. It is Broil King's budget line. Cast aluminum fire box, WAY better quality than the others you are looking at. The one I got at Lowe's a few years back was a 3 burner main with a side burner for $249.

If you can get one with an aluminum firebox, if will be much better than any thin metal stainless or carbon steel firebox.

I appreciate all the opinions. Some were helpful but some still beat the Weber drum. I realize Weber is a great grill but the price even for a 2 burner Spirit is just too much for the budget right now. Those who continue to press for Craigslist don't have to deal with my wife.
The local Navy Exchange has a 3 burner Charbroil with a side burner for $169 and there is a scratch off due soon. That means at least another 5% off the price and no 7% sales tax so that's probably the way we'll go. Even if it's cheaper at Walmart the NEX will match the price and I still save sales tax.
Most of what I hear about the Charbroil is they are fine for the intended use (quick grilling) but they don't last long.

That pretty much mirrors my experience. The Char Broils I’ve had in the past actually lasted 3-5 years.

No more than we use the gasser, if I had it to do over, I’d have gone with a 3-4 burner Char Broil over the two burner Weber Spirit, and as I said, I’m a dedicated Weber guy.

VR,
Harold

I can't argue with your logic. If you know up front it is a 2-3 yr grill, then it is a good price. It is a good way to find out if she will use it on a regular basis.

If she does, then you can get something better later.

Not to say a 2-3 year lifespan for a low end grill is not affordable, but the Huntington/ Broil Mate grills have a limited lifetime warranty on the firebox and lid, and 5 years on the stainless burners. It is not a disposable unit. Take a minute and go by HD and look at the difference in construction since they carry both.

If you want new, get a Weber Q series or a Broil Mate. Broil Mate makes Huntington as well. I had a Broil Mate two burenr that sat out for 10 years uncovered and still works and cooks perfectly. Never had to do a single repair.

Back