I'm here for another year- Cheers

I just re upd after a couple years away. I LOVE this site,Bob, cowgirl, toast, gtr, and several others make this site incredible, again, I truly love this site and the advice and experience freely given on here is immeasurable. The best people as a whole I ever run across.....cheers to the weekend!!!!!!!

Thanks for doing this You are right It is a great deal this is an amazing place We all will benefit from seeing your amazing cooks for another year and also learning from you :thumb:

I agree Adams it's the least I can do for Phil. I can afford it and hope others that can't don't feel like they are being slighted for that. Believe me I know what it's like when money is tight.

Always enjoy your posts!

I REALLY have to thank everyone here immensely. Your timing couldn't be better.

I rarely discuss openly the back office dealings of our forum. But your timing here is paramount. For the past 12 years, I've shared 3 large servers with a friend/partner and we had 4 websites running on them. 2 servers were running the webservers and Databases for the sites, and 1 was a hot swap backup in case of failure.

Well 2 of the 4 websites have pretty much gone under as of last month. This means that we had to restructure our server configurations, but we did NOT want to do anything that would reduce performance. It was a 25/75 split(partner had 3 sites and I had this one).. The choice was we either stay together and keep our existing configuration, but I financially make up the loss of the other websites revenue, or we both split up and run independently each website on a single server and we loose the backup safetynet. The single server configuration not only would eliminate our backup systems, but would reduce performance for both of us. We agreed that if we each cover 1.5 servers, our performance would actually improve, so we went that way, BUT

the costs increase for us equates to an additional $2400+ a year($200+/month). In order to cover the increased costs, I planned on actively pursuing selling our unused ad space. Before anyone complains, this does NOT mean you will see more ads popping up on our pages, it just means you will see different ads in the existing spots. Thats IF i can sell some spots.

But this thread has caused a small pop in subscription updates which covered the cost increases for last month and this coming month. This will give me time to figure out a way to get some ads into our rotation and keep us in the black. This thread and its results, is really and truly appreciated.

Ive always appreciated the subscription purchases as it absolutely helps keep this place running. The server/hardware, the additional software, firewall services, antispam services, support costs, etc.. runs into the thousands.. it all adds up and your support makes sure that we will be up and running for all our membership. I will do everything possible to make sure we never become a fully paid site, and those that purchase subscriptions ensure we will be here for everyone..

Thank you all!!! again again.

(For those that are wondering, subscriptions increase your feature sets and quotas.. they do NOT effect posting or reading ability. EVERYONE can read and post without a subscription.)

Well, heck. I think I'll toss a couple more coins in the pot.

Love this place, thanks Poobah for letting me hang out here.:clap:

Hosted @ Liquid web but we have full dedicated/standalone servers.

I REALLY like Brethren compared to the other big bbq forum (of which I completely stopped using and supporting). Had it out with a noted, long time member there over bad advice he was giving new users looking to get into BBQ/build advice. Now, a lot of BBQ is just opinion...but his advice went against everything I know. Specifically about metalworking (and that's my actual job). Came over here and I've never had a problem as I consider almost everything I've read here to be good advice.

Membership is coming, just have to get enough time on my hands on of these days. Fished a muskie tournament this weekend and spend over 28 hours on the water over the course of three days. I'm damn exhausted and some Q sounds great. Now bow season opened up by me so that's not going to free up any more time.

-Thanks to everyone here, I'll keep posting to this site when I can (love all the pictures/build journals here) as my way of supporting in the mean time.

I rarely discuss openly the back office dealings of our forum. But your timing here is paramount. For the past 12 years, I've shared 3 large servers with a friend/partner and we had 4 websites running on them. 2 servers were running the webservers and Databases for the sites, and 1 was a hot swap backup in case of failure.

Well 2 of the 4 websites have pretty much gone under as of last month. This means that we had to restructure our server configurations, but we did NOT want to do anything that would reduce performance. It was a 25/75 split(partner had 3 sites and I had this one).. The choice was we either stay together and keep our existing configuration, but I financially make up the loss of the other websites revenue, or we both split up and run independently each website on a single server and we loose the backup safetynet. The single server configuration not only would eliminate our backup systems, but would reduce performance for both of us. We agreed that if we each cover 1.5 servers, our performance would actually improve, so we went that way, BUT

the costs increase for us equates to an additional $2400+ a year($200+/month). In order to cover the increased costs, I planned on actively pursuing selling our unused ad space. Before anyone complains, this does NOT mean you will see more ads popping up on our pages, it just means you will see different ads in the existing spots. Thats IF i can sell some spots.

But this thread has caused a small pop in subscription updates which covered the cost increases for last month and this coming month. This will give me time to figure out a way to get some ads into our rotation and keep us in the black. This thread and its results, is really and truly appreciated.

Ive always appreciated the subscription purchases as it absolutely helps keep this place running. The server/hardware, the additional software, firewall services, antispam services, support costs, etc.. runs into the thousands.. it all adds up and your support makes sure that we will be up and running for all our membership. I will do everything possible to make sure we never become a fully paid site, and those that purchase subscriptions ensure we will be here for everyone..

(For those that are wondering, subscriptions increase your feature sets and quotas.. they do NOT effect posting or reading ability. EVERYONE can read and post without a subscription.)

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

By the way. I turned off my ad blocker for this site a while back to add revenue. I would suggest everyone else do the same.

Considering the wealth of knowledge I've gained on this site....from how to use my first smoker (Masterbuilt electric smoker)...to getting advice on how to start my own BBQ business and how to work my reverse flow properly (and cook 50+ racks of ribs at once)....the $25 annual membership is a VERY small price to pay. I want to thank YOU for creating such a wonderful online community.....

Back