I Have Found the Greatest Ribs Recipe!

I'll have to admit...I am a saucer too. Your BB's look great! Thanks for sharing.

Once in a great while, I do enjoy messing up my face and hands and arms with rich tangy sauce.
Ed

Your ribs look great! You also have achieved a special goal. Getting your ribs down exactly how you like them. Seems like many people chase that for a long time

Thanks everyone

93 confirmed - the rub and sauce I used were created when I get into the Mad Scientistmode in my kitchen

The sauce is a black cherry sauce of ketchup, garlic, paprika, cherry syrup diluted in one cup of water, chopped onions, chopped celery. Cook, reduce to a medium boil for 6 minutes. Remove from heat, strain. Let cool down before refrigerating it

Rub - cinnamon, dry mustard, garlic, paprika, Himalayan salt, ground pepper, brown sugar. Apply, wrap in foil, refrigerate for several hours. Take out about 1 hour prior to the start of your cook

Hope this helps

Enjoy and LMK how they turn out!

Peace,

Daba's BBQ

We all work to get food the exact way we want it, some succeed like you and congrats
some like me keep trying

Damn! It's 10 am here and I am already jonesin' for some 'cue

Could be worse - you could be doing what I do: look at this stuff at work.:mmph:

That’s about how I do my ribs, except I use a lighter coat of sauce. I tried 3-2-1 and found 2 hours in the wrap to be a bit too long, so I only wrap for one hour and usually no liquid. (Unless they look really, really dry).

LMAO...it took me a long time to get to this nirvana of ribs (for my taste). Trust me, there are many a dead swine on the side of my garbage pail that have met a fate worse than death in trying to get to this point.

Salad

Daba's BBQ

I have found the greatest Rib recipe as well. It involves 1 hour of smoke on the PB at 180F, then 25 min in the pressure cooker, then 5 min air fry, then glazed and another 5 min air fryer.

I've been in the travel/hospitality industry for 30+ years. I owned my own wine bar and restaurant, I went to the French Culinary Institute in NYC and have eaten BBQ all over the place. I have never had baby back ribs like I made last night. They simply were the greatest ribs I have ever eaten - anywhere, anytime, made by anyone. Period.

What's so great about these ribs is that the cook is as simple as it gets. I want to share this with everyone so y'all can enjoy them with your friends and family. Here you go.

- 3 or 4 pound rack of baby back ribs
- Remove membrane
- Apply your favorite rub (or not) - your choice
- Wrap ribs in foil and refrigerate for a few hours
- About an hour or so prior to your cook, remove and unwrap your ribs
- I use a Trager Pro Series 34, so I pre-smoke rig, then set at 230 degrees.
- Place ribs in smoker for 2 hours
- Remove, wrap in foil, place back in smoker for an additional 2 hours at 230
- Remove ribs from foil and slather with your fave sauce.
- Continue to slather* for the remaining one hour and remove.

* I slathered every 15 minutes or so

I'd love to hear your feedback after you had a chance to try this recipe

What's "pre-smoke rig" ?

Back