I have become sooooo lazy :’(

I have a Weber Summit charcoal that hasn’t been fired up once in the last 16/18 months…

It will be sold off this spring.

(that is the post)
The Performer and WSM haven't been fired up in a few years. If not too lazy will clean and put up for sale in a month or two.

Downsizing. Now, the Jumbo Joe and Ninja Woodfire are all I need.

The Performer and WSM haven't been fired up in a few years. If not too lazy will clean and put up for sale in a month or two.

Downsizing. Now, the Jumbo Joe and Ninja Woodfire are all I need.

To lazy to clean and sell? Bwahahahahaha... that's pretty bad my friend... lol.

It's not always lazy. Sometimes it's about priorities. You have a lot going on with a big family, so if you are needing to be involved there-it's just a matter of what works.

Today I was trying to get things ready for the next trip out of town. Did the oil change on the car, making the next weeks menu for the meal prep company, etc. Turned on the smoker and put a pan with beer brat fixins, and left to go walk the dog. Came back and pulled the brats onto the grates, cranked the temps, and then topped off washer and exhaust fluids, and dinner was ready! While I certainly appreciate food that takes more attention to detail and process-there are obviously times where 'crank and cook' is exactly what fits the bill.

It's not always lazy. Sometimes it's about priorities. You have a lot going on with a big family, so if you are needing to be involved there-it's just a matter of what works.

Today I was trying to get things ready for the next trip out of town. Did the oil change on the car, making the next weeks menu for the meal prep company, etc. Turned on the smoker and put a pan with beer brat fixins, and left to go walk the dog. Came back and pulled the brats onto the grates, cranked the temps, and then topped off washer and exhaust fluids, and dinner was ready! While I certainly appreciate food that takes more attention to detail and process-there are obviously times where 'crank and cook' is exactly what fits the bill.

Great points! I got a ton done yesterday while the meatloaf effortlessly smoked away. Hmmm, maybe I'm not as lazy as I thought... lol.

I’ve found that I’ve lost interest in cooking in general — though, since my wife seems to be even worse and I still have interest in eating I continue to do it to some degree.

I posted last week about using the kettle vs (or actually in addition) to the pellet grill but that was pretty rare. I’m in the midst of switching up the lineup of grills and have a brand new, very shiny, new grill sitting on my deck and haven’t touched it. I’m a little worried because part of the plan is losing the pellet grill and going back to a kamado and we’ll see how much that reduces the number of cooks. I’m sure I’ll do less of quick/random ones like smoking some cream cheese when we have guests over.

I’ve found that I’ve lost interest in cooking in general — though, since my wife seems to be even worse and I still have interest in eating I continue to do it to some degree.

I posted last week about using the kettle vs (or actually in addition) to the pellet grill but that was pretty rare. I’m in the midst of switching up the lineup of grills and have a brand new, very shiny, new grill sitting on my deck and haven’t touched it. I’m a little worried because part of the plan is losing the pellet grill and going back to a kamado and we’ll see how much that reduces the number of cooks. I’m sure I’ll do less of quick/random ones like smoking some cream cheese when we have guests over.

I hope your change-up proves to be the right choice for you :)

Personally, I can't imagine being without some type of lazy cooker at this point. Life is busy! Even a small electric would do the trick, I’d think.

Laziness, like wisdom, comes with age.

You can spend a lotta time doing stuff or become wiser like me by doing less and thinking more.

This is deep! So, like wisdom and gray hair, laziness comes with age and is a character trait to be admired? Seems a lot of millennials have come to understand this sooner than our generation… lol.

I've called it "downshifting" after all the fall yardstuff is done I can downshift to watching the lake water go from moving to solid, and back to moving. All the sissies left for the Southlands so it be VERY quiet, sometimes I might see 6 or 7 cars all day.
Happy hour hits after 3:30 and continues till chow time and then after dinner wine arrives.
I think the sanitation engineers think we are lushes, but I know they be all jelly!
So work hard in top gear now, and soon you too can start downshifting.
Ed

Haven't touched my other grills since the pellet grill arrived last June. I'll have to eventually - there's stacks of wood, and stockpiles of charcoal, but pushbutton cooking is so nice!

Indeed, it is! :)

If you start feeling a little ambitious, you could purchase some pre-seasoned meat/ribs from Costco, to put in your push button grill. :-D

Since some are confessing, I too have been using the SP more than the offset. It's too easy. If I want to feel better about using it, I will feed it charcoal and small splits in order to keep the gas assist from kicking in.

If you start feeling a little ambitious, you could purchase some pre-seasoned meat/ribs from Costco, to put in your push button grill. :-D

Since some are confessing, I too have been using the SP more than the offset. It's too easy. If I want to feel better about using it, I will feed it charcoal and small splits in order to keep the gas assist from kicking in.

Pre-seasoned doesn’t equal lazy! Lloyds equals lazy… lol.

d08258a9fc43ad6c25c4465d2acf6565.jpg

Someone once told me that a lazy engineer is a smart engineer. Meaning that you can engineer things to make your lift easier. I know I'll spend hours trying to automate a 20 minute task :wacko:
Was in design and build of automotive welding tools most of my life. Now, it's mostly DB of stuff that "pick things up and put them down" on final assembly lines. Some crazy tools built for final assembly plants with safety and ergonomics foremost in mind. The term "bent screwdriver" is not a joke :laugh:

Back