I have become sooooo lazy :’(

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
I kind of pride myself on a strong work ethic… but I am finding it harder and harder to attach that pride to my outdoor cooking as of late. I love my 26” kettle, I REALLY do! Making meatloaf for lunch today which is one of my FAVORITE things from the kettle. Went outside to kick things off only to remember I didn’t clean it and replenish the charcoal in the SnS the last time I used it. Would’ve taken all of 5 mins to set things up. It was chilly outside and it only takes 30 seconds to turn the MAK on. Kind of ashamed of myself, but the meatloaf is smoking away on the pellet muncher [emoji1750]. It’ll be good, yes… but the kettle makes meatloaf GOOD!

Is this lazy behavior normal as we age? Or is something wrong with me (quiet, PJ!), that requires a Brethren intervention and pep-talk?

Don't worry Robb, I didn't dump the 18" this morning. Still plenty of room for 1 more cook worth of ash from todays cook and I will dump during the week for next weekend.

Man, I was expecting full-on shame! Kind of feel better that I am not alone in my laziness… lol.

Funny how we push others to acquire more and more cookers, knowing full well we tend to favor and use 1 or 2 at best, 99% of the time [emoji1750]

Keep the feedback coming, Brethren. Maybe we should consider changing the forum name to The Lazy BBQ Brethren [emoji2371]

I have a Weber Summit charcoal that hasn’t been fired up once in the last 16/18 months…

It will be sold off this spring.

(that is the post)

Maybe unrelated to this but

maybe go get your testrosterion levels checked man

My buddy was have a few things going on similar to you. Low energy, quit doing everything that made him happy basically. Just was in a rut!

He just got tested and put on a weekly TRT dose. Took a week and he’s back in action.

Going to gym, working on his street rods and not gonna tell his bedroom tails…..

TRT is your best friend as we age

Maybe unrelated to this but

maybe go get your testrosterion levels checked man

My buddy was have a few things going on similar to you. Low energy, quit doing everything that made him happy basically. Just was in a rut!

He just got tested and put on a weekly TRT dose. Took a week and he’s back in action.

Going to gym, working on his street rods and not gonna tell his bedroom tails…..

TRT is your best friend as we age

I hear ya, and know that low levels of testosterone can be a real issue as we age. All is well with the exception of not firing up the kettle much lately. If it spreads beyond that I may find myself talking to the doc :)

my pellet cooker almost killed my desire to cook. luckily the hot rod went bad and my laziness prevented me from replacing it so I got back into charcoal cooking.

for me it seems if I'm not getting paid to do something I have no motivation. I can work 12 hour days no problem but refuse to clean my garage out.

my pellet cooker almost killed my desire to cook. luckily the hot rod went bad and my laziness prevented me from replacing it so I got back into charcoal cooking.

for me it seems if I'm not getting paid to do something I have no motivation. I can work 12 hour days no problem but refuse to clean my garage out.

Sounds pretty American to me!

Back