I have become sooooo lazy :’(

Friends don't let friends eat Lloyd's

Like the McRib, I think we've all tried it at least once. And someone mentioned pre-seasoned meat - the differential on that per pound is CRAZY! I think me and my friends are in different tax brackets, they do it - I can't bring myself to do it. I take the extra 10 minutes and add my own seasoning.

Like the McRib, I think we've all tried it at least once. And someone mentioned pre-seasoned meat - the differential on that per pound is CRAZY! I think me and my friends are in different tax brackets, they do it - I can't bring myself to do it. I take the extra 10 minutes and add my own seasoning.

I think I may be the last on earth that has never tried the McRib. Feel like I missing out on one of life’s finer pleasures…

^^^ nope, I’ve never had one either!

I’m gettin so lazy I’m thinkin of selling the Grilla so I don’t have to vacuum it out before a cook.

I think I can be more efficient with my Weber or primo.

I’m gettin so lazy I’m thinkin of selling the Grilla so I don’t have to vacuum it out before a cook.

OK I'm absolutely shocked about the McRib......... but I really want to post about pellet vs Weber or primo. I have a Weber and I have a Kamado and a pellet grill (and others). How in the world is anything easier than hitting a pellet grill with a shop-vac for 30 seconds? I either need a new accessory or new technique because only a gasser is faster than my pellet grill. (on my patio)

With the Weber I only have to take my hand, move around some leftover coals, dump and light. I’m pretty efficient at that.
Grilla involves rolling across the patio, disassemble, walk back across to get ash vac, vacuum, reassemble, and take vac back to storage location. Then I have to get the smoke tube ready as well.

As hard as it is to believe, I have much less effort in the Weber! (Plus I can just throw on a chunk of wood)

With the Weber I only have to take my hand, move around some leftover coals, dump and light. I’m pretty efficient at that.
Grilla involves rolling across the patio, disassemble, walk back across to get ash vac, vacuum, reassemble, and take vac back to storage location. Then I have to get the smoke tube ready as well.

As hard as it is to believe, I have much less effort in the Weber! (Plus I can just throw on a chunk of wood)

It's a location issue then; I get it. Most of my grills are on "the grill patio" but the pellet grill needs 'lectric - so it's 5 steps out the door. Baby shop vac is always available, nearby. I always had BLACK fingernails after dealing with the other grills - obviously my fault because there are baskets, rakes and gloves to be had. So it's situational. Bunch of pellet guys just throw a chunk of wood on the diffuser for additional smoke. That also is a preference.
So - if we swapped houses - we also may swap preferences. :grin:

Man, I started this thread with the hope y’all would snap me out of my laziness. This has made it worse… lol. Totally get it about the shop vac. The removable fire pot is something I love about the MAK. Have yet to fire up the shop vac in 7 years of pellet cooking.

I think I am quickly coming to the conclusion that in todays busy world, convenience reigns supreme for many when it comes to outdoor cooking :)

Last edited:
I think the real moral of the story here is to just not buy that pellet grill. Problem eliminated.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I think the real moral of the story here is to just not buy that pellet grill. Problem eliminated.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Back