THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
....but I wonder. To myself whilst sipping coffee in the dark. Are meat rub, Cookers, accessories, fuel (wood—charcoal-pellet) sales down due to meat prices? Just an observation at grocery store the last couple trips. I’ve not seen one person pick up a Brisket, not seen one person take beef from the regular bin (except hamburger). Even the bargain bins aren’t cheap. Yesterday a 1# porterhouse was 17$ in bargain bin.

Anyway I talked to a couple friends the other day and neither had cooked a brisket in recent memory. One said he had been cooking a Chuck but not often. One said he and his wife had been hitting a Cajun Food Truck, other was in a Sandwich/Burger binge. I’m smoking more than anyone I know personally and I just moved most all my rubs and seasoning to the freezer.

I’ve received emails that Oakridge, Williams and Sucklebusters are having deals. Sad I don’t need anything, Except the recently released Oakridge Chili Seasoning, I need that.

My world just seems to have cut way back

Oops. I did see a shopper pick up two Prime brisket at Sam’s a while back. We arrived in parking lot at same time. The vehicle he entered was wrapped in advertising for a local bbq restaurant.

I suspect you could be right - purchases of equipment and meat are both down. Guess I'm kinda ok w/ that - its the way the market/prices equalize...

Meijer has had them for 3.99 lb for angus so I have gotten a few. That is about my limit per pound though. I can't get away from salt and pepper so not a good one for inputting rub consumption. I just keep on waiting for sales and have been dwindling down my freezer stock. Just used up the last of my creekstone st. louis sale ribs

Back