I’ll Never Know.....

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
....but I wonder. To myself whilst sipping coffee in the dark. Are meat rub, Cookers, accessories, fuel (wood—charcoal-pellet) sales down due to meat prices? Just an observation at grocery store the last couple trips. I’ve not seen one person pick up a Brisket, not seen one person take beef from the regular bin (except hamburger). Even the bargain bins aren’t cheap. Yesterday a 1# porterhouse was 17$ in bargain bin.

Anyway I talked to a couple friends the other day and neither had cooked a brisket in recent memory. One said he had been cooking a Chuck but not often. One said he and his wife had been hitting a Cajun Food Truck, other was in a Sandwich/Burger binge. I’m smoking more than anyone I know personally and I just moved most all my rubs and seasoning to the freezer.

I’ve received emails that Oakridge, Williams and Sucklebusters are having deals. Sad I don’t need anything, Except the recently released Oakridge Chili Seasoning, I need that.

My world just seems to have cut way back

Oops. I did see a shopper pick up two Prime brisket at Sam’s a while back. We arrived in parking lot at same time. The vehicle he entered was wrapped in advertising for a local bbq restaurant.

I suspect you could be right - purchases of equipment and meat are both down. Guess I'm kinda ok w/ that - its the way the market/prices equalize...

Meijer has had them for 3.99 lb for angus so I have gotten a few. That is about my limit per pound though. I can't get away from salt and pepper so not a good one for inputting rub consumption. I just keep on waiting for sales and have been dwindling down my freezer stock. Just used up the last of my creekstone st. louis sale ribs

Back