How to stand your ground with your wife (and enjoy a steak at home)

Fine lookin vittles right there ,my friend.Paw thinks more of it too,cause it was made ESPECIALLY for him.;-) It does not hurt to take the wifey out sometimes ,just eat before you go!!! ;-)

The bloomin onion place.

The wife and I went there for our 36th anniversary, and I ordered a rib eye. It was thin and overcooked, the salad was brought out with the steak, and my wife's salmon was way overcooked and tasteless. I told her that I could have cooked a good 1 1/2 in steak, and a larger chunk of salmon for about 1/4th the cost, and it would have been edible and much better. She agreed and we agreed that the Bloomin onion joint was off our list forever. Sad, because it once was a good place ( although expensive ) to go out and eat. Jack in the Box would have been better, but sadly there are none in GA.

You made a good decision and your meal looked delicious!

Blessings,

Omar

Wow, that looks fabulous. That reminds me. I've got several birthdays coming up the next couple weeks. I should get myself some steaks. :hungry:

Nicely done Shenco.:eusa_clap
Dunno why the spouses' always think ya have to "go out to eat" to celebrate, other than the fact they don't have to do cleanup.

Really nice cook!!! I would choose what you cooked over any restaurant.:thumb:
I believe the whole eating out thing is more of a social status kind of thing. I constantly hear people talking about how much they spent eating at this place or another. Doesn't really impress me. For Christmas my boss gave me a $100 gift certificate to one of the best restaurants in town. Still have not used it. Last year I gave it to my daughter and I don't think she ever used it either.

FYI...my birthday is 6/29....whatcha cookin?

NICE job! I would much rather eat at home, even if I have to cook. As they say : If you want to do something right, ya gotta do it yourself!

Back