How i sear my Brisket's

no ,your profile explains your iq level .

295ydfo.gif

I see a personal attack. An even better way of explaining how your methods are better than I've been doing it longer.

Burnt pepper tastes like ass. If you aren't sure what that tastes like you can kiss mine.

You always have a trashy mouth :blabla::blabla:

Im done here .Grow up Dood. no pun intended.

But that's burnt is it not?

I can't answer that. I'd have to make one myself to see. Tim used to love these things and I never did hear anyone else who tried them complain.
I would think the rub or seasoning used would have a lot to do with how it tastes.

edited to add... maybe the foiling action dissolves any overly cooked bark. (just guessing)

I had a Hunch that I had to confirm and of course I was right. Although the name changes the breath was a give away you never quite get that smell out ya nose once you have encountered it, aint that right GreenEGG or Primo or Steve or WTH else your calling your self these days. So do you still have the Truckin buisness, and how it that Ink pen business and the Atlatal hunting, Still shooting on the the 1/2 mile range there Dead Eye?? I need to tradein my mucs for hip waders it's gonna get deep in here. :tsk:

I like this method for certain cuts. Cannot say I tried it with brisket. I personally like a char and the acid it brings to meat so I think this is an interesting way to start a brisket. I would suggest, Until you try it, do not knock it.

I used to cook my brisket with the smoke okie method. Rub with oil, salt, pepper and turn it black. Put it in a pan with a cup of water and put it in the oven for 6 hours wrapped tight with foil on the pan at 275. Comes out the juiciest best tasting brisket I've ever had. Learned the method from my mom. She grew up in Shattuck Oklahoma. I compare all of my award winners to what my mom used to feed us using this method. You really do need to turn it extremely black or sear/seal the outside. Not bitter. Delicious. Really.

I used to cook my brisket with the smoke okie method. Rub with oil, salt, pepper and turn it black. Put it in a pan with a cup of water and put it in the oven for 6 hours wrapped tight with foil on the pan at 275. Comes out the juiciest best tasting brisket I've ever had. Learned the method from my mom. She grew up in Shattuck Oklahoma. I compare all of my award winners to what my mom used to feed us using this method. You really do need to turn it extremely black or sear/seal the outside. Not bitter. Delicious. Really.

Thanks for the info!

I like this method for certain cuts. Cannot say I tried it with brisket. I personally like a char and the acid it brings to meat so I think this is an interesting way to start a brisket. I would suggest, Until you try it, do not knock it.
Well I guess this leaves you palyin catchup don't it this was 2006/7
DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

It was No Bueno fer me Bro I'd sooner eat Brisket at Viteks in Waco cooked in a Southern Pride with no wood added, I Know Good Brisket this aint it at least fer me anyway.

I had a Hunch that I had to confirm and of course I was right. Although the name changes the breath was a give away you never quite get that smell out ya nose once you have encountered it, aint that right GreenEGG or Primo or Steve or WTH else your calling your self these days. So do you still have the Truckin buisness, and how it that Ink pen business and the Atlatal hunting, Still shooting on the the 1/2 mile range there Dead Eye?? I need to tradein my mucs for hip waders it's gonna get deep in here. :tsk:

I still have the hobby's u mention .Everythimg i do is a hobby .
My trucking business i sold .
Im no longer working, retired .

Back