How do you cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts???

BS Chicken Breasts is what I do most of here at work. At least twice a week I will grill 15-30 pounds of it. Makes a BIG difference if its random size, which ends up being almost all huge pieces that grill hard and are dry when done... Or if its a good sized (read smaller) breast that grills quickly and is better end product. I prefer a 5 oz split breast for size and bite. Most often mix italian dressing, worchestershire, Honey Dijon dressing, lime juice, Lawry's, Natures Season, Black pepper and dried dill weed. pour about a cup of this mixture into the bag of frozen chicken and toss. after an hour or up to 3 hours I grill it on the Akorn grill. Its pretty good. Sometimes use Soy sauce instead of Worchestershire and add a little bbq sauce and brown sugar for a huli huli affect. The honey Dijon dressing is what I use for the mayo in it, Mayo on grilled chicken really helps keep it juicy. Also helps to grill from frozen. Just some observations from many years of grilling boneless skinless chicken...:)

What does grilling from frozen do?

What does grilling from frozen do?

I think he means by the time it sits in the liquid for an hour to 3 hours its defrosted. So I don't think he means he is grilling them frozen. I could be wrong, however.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
I'll put some rub on them then put them on the kettle for 4mins on each side(using a 2 zone fire). then I'll move them indirect to finish around 160-165°IT, usually a nother 6mins or so.

I've grilled from thawed and grilled straight outta the freezer, solid frozen. Granted, it takes a few more minutes grilling from solid frozen, but it seems to be juicier and hold a little better when grilling from solid frozen... I prefer to let it sit in the marinade for about 2 hours then it is kinda thawed on the outside and still frozen in the middle, grill it to 160 and its nice and juicy and still safe for the purpose of internal temps and pathogens... :)

just the other day I marinated them in pesto sauce and grilled them butterflied. Nice and juicy. No IT taken since they were thin but I'm sure it was above 160.

Marinade in jerk sauce or Italian dressing is also something I do a lot in the summer.

We cook them all kinds of ways as we buy them in bulk @ 40 lbs in a case. They are about 12 - 14 ozs each. We like them in a "white" chili, though we cheat and end up adding a can of chopped tomatoes for better taste. They are also good grilled and then used in making tamales, and enchiladas. Are you detecting a pattern here? ( We can't get away from our Texas roots and our "Tex-mex" appetites. ) As others have posted they are good marinated in a good Italian dressing, somewhat modified to your individual taste buds and grilled or pan seared. For a good artery blocking meal they are also excellent dredged in flour and fried and served up with some good home made French fries.

Omar

Back