THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrantAshton

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Grant
I hadn't done chicken wings on the MAK so I put it to the test with our favorite chicken wings recipe.

Serious Eats: Hot & Numbing Xi'an-Style Oven-Fried Chicken Wings Recipe

After drying the wings and tossing them with salt & baking powder, they spent the day on a rack in the fridge.

Off to the MAK for 45 minutes at 450 and they're ready to pull.

q4DOogl.jpg

Ready to toss with the spice mix, cilantro, & scallions.

MpOvHrx.jpg

A dinner plate. Broccoli was steamed/sauted then tossed with Lao Gan Ma Chili Crisp Sauce.

G0hO4e3.jpg

I couldn't detect a noticeable difference between the kitchen oven method & the MAK method. Verdict: TIE.

Hell, yes! That's a great dinner... and something we need to try out here.
Appreciate the recipe, too.

I couldn't detect a noticeable difference between the kitchen oven method & the MAK method.

Verdict: MAK Wins! You didn't heat up the kitchen/house for these babies!

Hell, yes! That's a great dinner... and something we need to try out here. Appreciate the recipe, too.

Verdict: MAK Wins! You didn't heat up the kitchen/house for these babies!

The nice thing about the recipe is you can go in a different direction as all the seasonings are added at the end. We love these seasonings though. Fresh Sichuan peppercorns are a must. I get mine (as well as my other spices and related items) from The Spice House in Chicago. Highly recommended shop.

Good point about not heating up the kitchen. By decision: MAK by an edge. :clap:

Back