Hot holding with Igloo cooler

Honestly, for any capacity at all, you'll need the double Camwarmer...a Metro cabinet is less expensive to just as expensive & it's an actual cabinet. Just thinking out loud...

Last edited:
Heat loss in the cheap Igloo cooler can be mitigated with a little effort. I found an on-line video that talked about drilling holes in the lid and filling with expandable foam. Trim and tidy up with screws or similar. Made the lids much more efficient. Main thing is to limit the dead space - I prefer towels but they have a tendency to pick up a smoke aroma.

Most of the time I use a Coleman Party Stacker a la Malcolm Reed. I user other coolers, including Yetis when volume demands, but 9/10 its the party stacker.

Why would using something in a residential environment void a warranty? I thought warranties usually tried to keep you from using something commercially? I saw the same thing recently when researching serving utensils, and I can't figure out how using it in my house is worse than in a commercial kitchen.

Why would using something in a residential environment void a warranty? I thought warranties usually tried to keep you from using something commercially? I saw the same thing recently when researching serving utensils, and I can't figure out how using it in my house is worse than in a commercial kitchen.

As I understand it's the infrastructure of power setup within those kitchens which is designed to power multiple high amp / wattage pieces of equipment. Using commercial equipment in a residential area has the potential to wreak havoc on the breaker panel, and possibly cause serious power issues.

I have a cheaper Coleman cooler that I modified. First I drilled holes in a few areas of the cooler that were hollow. Then I took a can of foam insulation and put the stew into the holes I drilled and filled all of the empty space with the foam. The cooler now holds temps for a really long time. I put two pork butts into it at 9am after pulling them off. Opened the cooler at 6pm to pull the pork apart and they were still too hot to hold by bare hands.

Back