THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Marty Owens
Chicken wings and drummies marinated a few hours in Smokey Dave's Hog Wash grilling sauce and then seasoned with a buffalo wing rub.

-----

Cooked indirect around the Vortex and smoked with apple...

-----

These made for some delicious hot wings, crispy skin and moist meat just the way we like them!

[FONT=&quot]

Thanks for looking![/FONT]

They look great!
What's this "Vortex" you speak of?

Or are you just talking about a concentration of coals in the center of the Egg?

Im thinking of doing the same thing on my weber w the vortex. Did you watch time and temps so I have a baseline? I was thinking 350F or maybe hotter.

MMMMMMMMM.....chicken wings!

Reminds me of my best friend's "them song" for me.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAiOFOKO3xM"]I've never seen a man eat so many chicken wings - YouTube[/ame]

They look great!
What's this "Vortex" you speak of?

Or are you just talking about a concentration of coals in the center of the Egg?

Here is a link to a video that explains and shows the Vortex very well - www.owensbbq.com/vortex.html

Im thinking of doing the same thing on my weber w the vortex. Did you watch time and temps so I have a baseline? I was thinking 350F or maybe hotter.

Temp ran about 425º, didn't really time them but it took about 3 beers till they were done!

Back