THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gonna be doing our first overnight comp practice tonight. Setting up turn in times for Saturday. Will be cooking ribs, butt, and chicken. I'm ridiculously excited. Will be posting plenty of pics throughout the cook.

I'm doing a practice cook on a new comp chicken recipe also. One will be minor tweeks, the other is a completely different direction, with friends and neighbors offering opinions.

Myself and the other grillin fools (and King from here) are smokin up 20 slabs of BBR's at a mini microbrew fest at a bar downtown tomorrow. We're also doing some fatties and crostinis. And the best part, the bar is picking up the tab for all the food that we're giving away.

ok, got the weekend menu planned....

friday..... fried mississippi pond raised catfish and french fries

saturday..... fresh salmon and crab stuffed potatoes

sunday..... st. louis spares, smoked baloney and i'm grinding up lamb and the cutoffs of the spare ribs and making ground lamb/pork

it's going to be a smokin' weekend.

Sunday's going to be 4 fatties straight up & a rack of BB's. Love a slice of fatty on a sourdough muffin with an egg & cheese for breakfast. Cheers!!!

A friend of mine asked me to cook a bunch of Q for his wife's upcoming birthday party. A chance to do a favor for a friend plus "have to" stay up babysitting the smoker - easy decision. 67 lbs of pork butts going on in about 5 hours. Giddy up!

A friend of mine asked me to cook a bunch of Q for his wife's upcoming birthday party. A chance to do a favor for a friend plus "have to" stay up babysitting the smoker - easy decision. 67 lbs of pork butts going on in about 5 hours. Giddy up!

nice!

I'm glad I saw this post; I needed to run to the store to buy it before traffic got bad. We will be having grilled tuna and asparagus, using a traditional Greek marinade/baste: lemon juice, garlic, EVOO, rosemary and oregano.

Natural ribeye steak tonight on the Smokey Joe.

I have some chicken thighs and BB ribs to smoke, and I will probably make some MOINKs, too. Tomorrow or Sunday.

CD

Just picked up some hickory wood to fire up the stick burner tomorrow. Will do a couple of 9lb butts overnight on the Traeger and 3 racks of spares on the stick burner tomorrow morning. Outside fridge is stocked with beer. Yeah, it's gonna be a great weekend!:clap2:
Randy

Back