Here we go !!! OKJ Bandera ...$184

I went with the Lavalock 1/8" thickness on mine. My garage sale version was naked and leaked a lot of smoke on the trial burn. I like my cookers to be efficient and not a sieve. I gasketed the main chamber door, firebox area (not the lid) and the intake door.

Now I just need some grates.

I'm still very much in the "wait and see" camp. I figured by now (hype date plus 2 weeks) that someone would have posted something that would have pushed me into the "hell yeah!" camp.

Love to have one. While it would not give me any cooking capability I don't already have, I'm willing to be convinced. I'm sure the wife could not possibly stay mad forever, right? :grin:

Well... bought 4 grates and the original rib rack for $184. And it came with this...

ae5618b757278ad50f3b213a15566aa5.jpg

I was pricing out the cost to construct more grates when it surpassed $150. So the wife said, "why don't you buy the one we saw at Walmart? It comes with 4 grates." Well damn, she is right. I also snagged 4 other grates from a returned Bandera. The garden guy didn't mind at all.

390fa0931b73d41461485d2c8ae9d841.jpg

I'll use the other Bandera to smoke sausage once I get a hang of that.

sounds like a grate deal :grin:

I've seen some folk over the years with bbq fever- you got it bad.

welcome to the club.

I did sell that DynaGlo though. Wife wouldn't let me keep 5 cookers in that patio.

She have her shoes and purses... I have my cookers and cameras.

They can't give it away. Awesome smoker from what I can make of it. I haven't had any smokes on mine yet. Still refabbing it.

Bought one tonight for $89. It was tough to find, the store said they were out of stock even though Brickseek said they had 3 of them. Asked in the grill section and they said they were out. Then I walked over to look at coolers and the kid who I had asked came and found me and told me he'd located them, they were on display in another part of the garden section.

The thing weighs a ton, it was not super fun getting it out of my car and down into the basement. Hopefully with a few mods it works okay.

Bought one tonight for $89. It was tough to find, the store said they were out of stock even though Brickseek said they had 3 of them. Asked in the grill section and they said they were out. Then I walked over to look at coolers and the kid who I had asked came and found me and told me he'd located them, they were on display in another part of the garden section.

The thing weighs a ton, it was not super fun getting it out of my car and down into the basement. Hopefully with a few mods it works okay.

PRO TIP HERE: you R E A L L Y shouldn't use "basement" in any form on a forum.....LOL

just kidding

just don't light it up down there...

congrads on your new rig

Back