Weber Fire Starter Cubes

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
My Brickseek show two nearby Walmart with Weber Cubes one dollar per box. It also shows unknown quantity. I'm not going to get out of my easy chair to go Walmarting, but if I had a reason to be there, I'd look. Been using Rutland Squares a couple years now with occasional Tumbleweed sales and torch.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=21943440

I like the Rutland better. But I'm cheap so if I needed some I'd be on my way.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

i just wad up some newspaper and drizzle some veg oil on it. Works just as good in a pinch.

The best I have ever found them for was $1.25, also got a chimney for $9. I bought 3 or 4 boxes them but now I'm out, so I will keep a lookout for them. Thanks for the heads up.

There are other starters I like better in general but I do like the weber cubes for starting a low and slow cook on the slow and sear.

They're showing at $3 near me -- which still isn't a bad price

They have disappeared in my usual stores.
Tumble Weeds have taken over, but they are spendy!

We bought some "Yuper Fire Starters" in Escanaba a couple months back for lighting campfires.
Empty t.p. rolls stuffed with shredded paper and drizzled with paraffin.
They work great!
Im thinking of making some and some smaller versions for the grill.
Now, I just need some free time...

Girl Scout fire starters

I use homemade starters. Use the paper Egg cartons, not foam. Stuff 2 cotton balls in each egg section. I buy Gulfwax from Super market in the canning and pickle section. Cost about 3 bucks for enough for 2 dozen units.
Carefully heat 2 of the 4 units of paraffin in a soup can and melted on your OUTSIDE GRILL OR Smoker. Can be very volatile if used inside. Pour wax over cotton balls. Cost about 2 bucks a dozen and completely odor free.

Starter

i just wad up some newspaper and drizzle some veg oil on it. Works just as good in a pinch.

I go one step cheaper, tearing the charcoal bag as I go, drizzle with oil or spray with Pam to light the chimney. I do keep some cubes around for starting a fire in the grill.

A while back the local grill shop had some Primo “lighters”- molded starter material with a big match stick on the end. The match stick never worked. Fail.

Back