THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jack159th

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Have friend thats having a fundraiser for his football team. They need 800 leg quarters cooked and they supply the protien. I just cook. Whats a fair price.

$800 is fair I think. I come to this by figuring a case of legs quarters has about 57 quarters on average for roughly $27. This would make your cost per quarter $.047 and we'll round it to $0.50 after a little rub expense. Standard rule to get a rough price is food cost x 3 so since he is supplying the chicken I'd go food cost x 2= $1.00 pc 800 quarters = $800

Now if it's a friend and a fundraiser then you can take that into account to help them more if you would like.

its a friend and a fundraiser.

What HBMTN is saying is that $800 is a fair price for your time, equipment use, rubs, etc. The final decision is up to you as to what you want to charge a friend for a fund raising event.

This is just my personal opinion, and by no means has no bearing on what you decide, but I would consider doing it for no charge since it is a friend and for a fund raiser. However I do not know your financial situation so anywhere between $0 and $800 would be more than fair.

Check with your accountant as well since this could possibly be a write off with regard to taxes if the accounting is handled correctly.

Back