THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

11earl

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
HJ
I have decided to pull the trigger and purchase a new Humphrey smoker. Being able to easily drive to their shop and pick it up is icing on the cake.

As the title says, trying to decide on the Battle Box vs the Pint size. I'm just a Harry Homeowner who enjoys smoking stuff, so I'm not sure it's worth the additional $500 for a little more height - is there something I'm missing?

Also, happy to hear what accessories you think are worthwhile.

BTW, Nicole has been great to work with.

TIA.

This is the wrong place to ask people if they think you should spend more money to get a little more space.

If the money isn't an issue and you think there may be the possibility that you might could use the extra space once in your lifetime, go for the pint. I have a pint and love it. But I've never owned a battle box to be able to say it would have worked for me.

Buy once, cry once.

Pint. You can always smoke a single Fatty in a larger smoker but you can Not smoke a brisket, 2 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs and a pan of beans in a small smoker.

z2HT37wl.jpg

LAcTciul.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Humphrey Cubed Pint. I find the capacity listing of all smokers a little deceiving. For example, a listing might say a smoker hold 16 racks of ribs...that may be true if you lay them close and the racks are close. However, when I smoke I often wrap stuff and use disposable or hotel pans. That really cuts down on how much you can fit in your smoker.

So I guess I am saying get one bigger than you think you need. And I really liked my Humphrey!

I have had a Pint for the last couple of years. Glad I went with it as opposed to the smaller unit. I don't use all of the room all of the time but it is nice to have it when needed. As far as accessories, I opted for the angled legs and bigger wheels as well as the grab bars on the sides. I don't move this bad boy much but when I do it is pretty damn easy. The angled legs give the pint some much needed stability.

I have a Humphrey Cubed Pint. I find the capacity listing of all smokers a little deceiving. For example, a listing might say a smoker hold 16 racks of ribs...that may be true if you lay them close and the racks are close. However, when I smoke I often wrap stuff and use disposable or hotel pans. That really cuts down on how much you can fit in your smoker.

So I guess I am saying get one bigger than you think you need. And I really liked my Humphrey!

Excellent point - thank you.

I have had a Pint for the last couple of years. Glad I went with it as opposed to the smaller unit. I don't use all of the room all of the time but it is nice to have it when needed. As far as accessories, I opted for the angled legs and bigger wheels as well as the grab bars on the sides. I don't move this bad boy much but when I do it is pretty damn easy. The angled legs give the pint some much needed stability.

Great accessories suggestions - thank you.

If you can afford it go bigger, more room to spread food out. I have a down east beast and cook a lot, and cook a little in it. For options, here is what I got and how they have been used in the last 6 years.
folding table, use it all the time and is definitely worth it.
Slide in water pan, you loose a rack of cooking, but makes cleaning so much easier. I just slide in a disposable aluminum pan and through it away after it gets full.
temp wire ports and self underneath. The wire ports are used every time, it is so much easier than going through the door. The shelf is nice but not that big of a deal. I would get it myself again.
bars on each side for moving, definitely worth it. I move mine in and out of the garage. This have prevented it from tipping over many times.
umbrella holder, I used it once and did not like it. If felt like the smoker was going to tip over in the wind. I would not get it again

Hope this helps

Pint. You can always smoke a single Fatty in a larger smoker but you can Not smoke a brisket, 2 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs and a pan of beans in a small smoker.

z2HT37wl.jpg

LAcTciul.jpg

If you can afford it go bigger, more room to spread food out. I have a down east beast and cook a lot, and cook a little in it. For options, here is what I got and how they have been used in the last 6 years.
folding table, use it all the time and is definitely worth it.
Slide in water pan, you loose a rack of cooking, but makes cleaning so much easier. I just slide in a disposable aluminum pan and through it away after it gets full.
temp wire ports and self underneath. The wire ports are used every time, it is so much easier than going through the door. The shelf is nice but not that big of a deal. I would get it myself again.
bars on each side for moving, definitely worth it. I move mine in and out of the garage. This have prevented it from tipping over many times.
umbrella holder, I used it once and did not like it. If felt like the smoker was going to tip over in the wind. I would not get it again

Hope this helps

It's like buying a car - the options/packages are killers!

The slide in water pan seems like a no-brainer. I have been eyeing the darn folding shelf, too. Thanks!

Go bigger if you can afford it. I have the BB & wish it were a bit larger on the reg. Still gets the job done great, but it could do it twice as great with more space. Realistically the height is what I'm most missing. :) Regardless you cant go wrong.

Back