THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mikeinctown

Full Fledged Farker
Been in an apartment for years and finally moved to a condo so I can grill and smoke again. I ordered a new RecTeq 1250 on Friday and was looking at getting a stainless cart for prep and possible storage. It will be stored outside so I may need to come up with some type of cover for it.

There are two models that Costco has that I am looking at. The first here is $99 in the club. It is showing as a stainless top but doesn't mention stainless shelves. It does have two shelves plus the top but is about 38x20. I like the wire shelf because I can add on the baskets that slide out and I can place things in the bin shelf. https://www.costco.com/trinity-ecostorage®-stainless-steel-kitchen-cart.product.100808286.html

The second is showing as two shelves but both are stainless and the top is 48x24 which is bigger. The casters are 4" vs 3" but the cart is $70 more. ($170 vs $100) This cart holds less weight and only has 2 vs 3 shelves. https://www.costco.com/trinity-stainless-steel-prep-table.product.100394420.html

I'm wondering what you guys would choose? The cart with the larger casters and top with all stainless but only 2 shelves, or the smaller cart with smaller casters, multiple shelves, and nearly half the cost?

I looked at Sams and they did not have an option. Right now I do not have an option to purchase a used commercial unit.

Last edited:
How about one of those older performer 22.5" weber kettles with stainless steel prep table? :) You can find them for less than $100 even :) And it's made for outdoor. You can often buy them for much less than what you can resell them later for, thereby having an instant appreciation instead of depreciation. You could use for a few years and then sell for more than you paid :)

How about one of those older performer 22.5" weber kettles with stainless steel prep table? :) You can find them for less than $100 even :) And it's made for outdoor. You can often buy them for much less than what you can resell them later for, thereby having an instant appreciation instead of depreciation. You could use for a few years and then sell for more than you paid :)

I actually already have a 22" green Weber performer stainless. I did look at it but not sure I want that as my primary prep surface.

They both look good quality.

I think your real decision is based on two things:
if you want 48x24 (yours is wrong in the op) or 38x20.
if you want a solid shelf or basket-style shelves.

Before you buy new, I would regularly check CL to see if there might be a local used restaurant supply company out there looking to unload these. Or, sometimes the unfortunate death of a local restaurant might prompt a CL listing of some interesting things they might be looking to sell quick. SS steel tables tend to be the first thing they need to get rid of and you might be able to score a nice big one if lucky.

Back