Help Me Buy a new Tailgate Grill (portable)

OK....looks like the best option at $90. SNS is same size and twice the price.

18" is a good jump in size from your 14". Do it before she takes you out....

She just okay'd the PKGO though (doesn't know the price) I feel like I'd be a fool not to take her up on it. I was showing her pictures and she liked it

I'm late to the party but the Weber Go Anywhere is bad to the bone!

VcIVoS5.jpg

rw8Kwkj.jpg

pyy1DQz.jpg

99G8XtP.jpg

Lot's of great choices out there but this one works for me.

Good Luck!

Only because you mentioned it… The PK! You can hand that thing down to your kids, then to grand kids. It breaks down easily, and it’s so portable. Good luck on your search!

I've never owned a JJ (I might after this thread) but I've used a WGA at numerous tailgating football games. It is a true tailgater but I guess it depends on what you want in a remote parking lot. The WGA has never failed me and always in the trunk on game day.

I have a jumbo joe that I use for tailgating or camping, and it is great. Never used it at home because I have an egg. Recently got a pk and don’t use the egg or Jumbo Joe. If the money isn’t an issue, I’d get the pk so you can use it at home.

My local Dollar General has this Kingsford grill and it looks similar to the WGA (never seen one in person). Also, only $22.
f493a9ee0eb8228d51f45dd75a87dc42.jpg

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

pkgo is cool little grill, aluminum shell, 40 lbs and has a durabilium(?) handle, sort of pricey. The flip kit will give more grate space, but you lose the use of the lid...as a lid.

The Jumbo Joe appeals to the frugal side of me. 18#, more space on single grate cooking- and if that grate does fall off your tailgate it probably won't crack into at least 2 pieces.

I think either would do you right- I guess the wow factor goes to the pkgo.

Discovered Smokey Joe was a fail 1st time I used it 35-40 years ago. Not enough grill or air space.

Weber's Jumbo Joe is a massive improvement over Smokey Joe. Not just as a travel grill. Very convenient at home too.

I bought the Weber 18” jj to take to the beach in 2 weeks, I’m sure it will go pretty much everywhere this year

Discovered Smokey Joe was a fail 1st time I used it 35-40 years ago. Not enough grill or air space.

Weber's Jumbo Joe is a massive improvement over Smokey Joe. Not just as a travel grill. Very convenient at home too.

The Smokey Joe is pretty worthless IMO, until you add the Santa Maria option, makes it a functional for heat control, still small grate space though.

Back