HEB- A Pilgrimage for sausage

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
HEB. A Texas icon 4 counties south. Stayed pretty focused 120 miles away and had to restock on sausage.
Not pictured two under ten pounds B&B Oak briquettes.

Last edited:
freddy-got-fingered-sausages.gif

United doesn't believe in Chuck Eye steak. I don't believe in paying $30 for a two pack of ribeyes for week night meals. HEB has nicely marbled two packs of Chuck Eye for less than $10 most of the time. Without HEB I would rarely eat steak at home so I am a huge fan.

Did you pick any of these up? Son sent me this a little while ago. I told him save me some!

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 99
Lubbock HEB Brisket -They were limit one, $1.77# with 20$ purchase.
I already have 4, three 21 day dry aged and a choice in the beer fridge for this weekend.

Bottom line, no did not purchase another. Sausages and a couple 8.8# bags of B&B Oak Briquettes.

Freezer "ice" was frozen Stew veggies and frozen corn. Works great layered in the RTIC Cooler instead of buying ice to dump out in the 120mi trek home

United doesn't believe in Chuck Eye steak. I don't believe in paying $30 for a two pack of ribeyes for week night meals. HEB has nicely marbled two packs of Chuck Eye for less than $10 most of the time. Without HEB I would rarely eat steak at home so I am a huge fan.

I'll look next time. Thanks

My daughter is currently a student at Texas Tech. When we visit Lubbock we try and stop at Red Raider meats and load up a cooler. It is part of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources and it supports scholarships in those programs. More expensive than HEB but a nice variety and good quality. Dry aged ribeyes and tomahawk steaks are what we usually get, last fall I got an aged brisket and it turned out really well. Worth a look if you’re in town.

https://www.depts.ttu.edu/meatscience/orders/

Thank you, not scheduled to return until Fall but will try to remember.
Thanks for tip.

Speaking of sausage; Any of you folks down there in the whole other country ever sample Holmes Smokehouse sausage? In a freezer dive last weekend, I found a package that I had forgotten that I bought sometime last year. So I cooked it along with some Richard's green onion sausage I picked up on a recent trip to Baton Rouge. Everybody at the table agreed the Holmes was superior to the Richard's. I think the Holmes was some of the best sausage that I have tried from all of the different varieties down Texas way. I think I bought it at a Brookshire's since it was the closest store to where I was staying while visiting friends. Definitely on the list of ones to buy again.

If you've tried Holmes, let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

Robert

I finally got to check out a HEB last year when I visited my son in San Angelo. We sure don't have anything like it in Memphis, but I sure wish we did. He is in Hawaii now, so I guess I missed my chance to stock up.

Back