THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Cervelat is about any mildly seasoned, cured, smoked, semi-dry sausage that includes most "Summer sausage" formulations. I wanted to take it to a new level so I went a tick spicier on pepper, added hi-temp cheese and some pickled jalapeno peppers. My goal with this batch was to enjoy it chilled with crackers, or fried up for a sandwich (think bologna) or even as a breakfast meat. My blend was 70% pork butt and 30% beef. On smoking day, my ambient temps were around 0°F so I had to use some heat to achieve cold smoking :shocked:.

Using my Big Chief with the lid blocked gave me a smoker temp in the 40°F to 50°F range, and over two days I put in around 10 hours total of smoke time. Finish was in a 154° sous vide bath for 3.5 hours followed by a ice bath.

XZrdCC9.jpg

enBYbB9.jpg

Nr2rTH3.jpg

oHNYaaA.jpg

Back