THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grabbed 10 bags here which will hold me over a a while since I'm currently playing with my Kamado. The briquettes are for my Webers when I get back to using them.

stock is getting low in the Detroit metro area. I cleared the last 3 bags from Madison Heights store, the Sterling Heights location is down to 6 bags.

I'm not sure why I bought 10 bags, I use lump, pellets and wood splits mostly these days

stock is getting low in the Detroit metro area. I cleared the last 3 bags from Madison Heights store, the Sterling Heights location is down to 6 bags.

I'm not sure why I bought 10 bags, I use lump, pellets and wood splits mostly these days

It's a great deal for fuel. :clap2:

I like to have a good supply of low-cost briqs on hand for grill cleaning purposes. It's not unusual for me to use a grill that's been out of the rotation for a while, and find some moldy crap in there. Briqs are great to use to burn it off- smokey and hot.

Went this morning and and all that was left were two good bags and one that was taped up. Bought all three at the Lawton, Oklahoma Home Depot. No other charcoal on sale. Embers charcoal was $9.98 for two twenty pound bags. Not on sale for $1.90 a bag here.

Picked up three bags, but they had a pallet full right when you walked through the door and even had it priced at $3.90 on the sign. I didn't really need it, but I knew it was there and was literally across the street this morning. West McKinney at Custer & Virginia if anyone is looking (Hotch).

oJsvz9r.jpg

18 bags found. Anyone know of a lumps sale, its getting low.

Thanks for the heads up and the link for the inventory checker. It was a huge time saver. I picked up 24 bags at $3.90 a bag! Thanks again.

Last edited:
Edward Scissorhands is stocking at my local HD. 6 of the 15 bags on the floor were horribly gouged :mad:

I can't tell if it was Freddy Krueger or Wolverine at mine. Maybe Slash is picking up a few extra bucks stocking charcoal for HD? :noidea:

I did find one bag that wasn't mangled, as well as one bag of Embers that was relatively intact. I'm so stuck on RO Chef Select that I'm pretty much OK without getting a whole lot of other stuff, but it's always (well usually...) nice to try out other stuff.

I can't tell if it was Freddy Krueger or Wolverine at mine. Maybe Slash is picking up a few extra bucks stocking charcoal for HD? :noidea:

I did find one bag that wasn't mangled, as well as one bag of Embers that was relatively intact. I'm so stuck on RO Chef Select that I'm pretty much OK without getting a whole lot of other stuff, but it's always (well usually...) nice to try out other stuff.

What I found as well Greg but they have them spread in multiple places since i searched around and found a fresh uncut stash.:becky:

49732779_10215127486115326_2486464057800916992_n.jpg

Picked up 10 yesterday and another 16 today. Thanks for the heads up!!!

I hope the Assassin likes the Weber brand, as I mainly use K-Comp and a little Royal Oak from time to time. If not, it'll take a good while to use 26 bags with just my kettles.

Also I think it's funny how many comments I got exiting the store... "Heading to a pig roast"..."Wow you doing some grilling"...etc... At least three people commented on the dolly full of charcoal. Come on people, it's 80% off on charcoal, you all are the odd ones for NOT buying 20+ bags of it, lol...

Reading all the HD madness on the weber facebook groups saw a post that Weber charcoal is made by RO and its actually their RO Chef Select. fwiw

Well i did a 7 hour cook on my 270 today with around 3/4 of a bag. Worked great and no major complaints. It took a little while to get going but thats due to my method of starting coals in my cooker. Next time will get a chimney about half full blazing hot and dump in.

I vortexed some wings last night too and it looks like i barely used any coal at all. Great smell on start up too.

But yeah very pleased i have 44 bags left lol.

Tried it in my bootleg vortex tonight for some wings. Got the dome therm a little higher than lump has and seemed to do a good job. I would go pick up a few more bags, but brickseek went from 30+ bags in both of my local stores to sold out.

Back