"Happy Phriday Pharkers, what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Well, Mother's Day weekend plans got changed due to sick kids. I had meat thawed out so went ahead with the Beef Short Ribs, potatoes, chicken and some veggies. There were a few of us to enjoy a lot of food!

UPDATE - I put my pork butt on the cooker a little after 8AM this morning.

1PM now. Pork butt has reached 140 internal temp.

jjmf3I6.jpg

Let's put some butter, brown sugar, and more rub on it, then we'll tent in foil and go back into the smoker.

K5Jw8So.jpg

qXh4Ekw.jpg

Paging Dr Phu and all his smoke inhalers that actually do breath it in.!!! Not much here, Damn China virus took away taste but...putting the finish on son’s outdoor kitchen concrete counter top this week. Building this for him and first grandson coming in late june. Kitchen is my gift to them, can’t imagine anything better than memories with dad outside grilling and griddling while sports or music blasting from speakers outside..... sure wish I could still do it with my Dad......Peace.

Well brisket is done. Came out pretty good. The flat was pretty moist but pictures make it look dry.

Attachments

• F60DC8B8-9D1D-435D-830B-A910B5F95A47.jpg
    F60DC8B8-9D1D-435D-830B-A910B5F95A47.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 15
  • 5F2460E3-0775-4262-8A3D-E3FBDAB48B0C.jpg
    5F2460E3-0775-4262-8A3D-E3FBDAB48B0C.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 13
  • E20F660B-F9F6-49F8-9C40-C3C384A574A9.jpg
    E20F660B-F9F6-49F8-9C40-C3C384A574A9.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
It was raining tonight so we stayed in and played with a salt block that I got as a gift 4 years ago. Never used it before, warmed it up in the oven to 350F and then on the stove top to 450F. We found some nice flap meat at Sam’s, sliced it thin and tossed onto the hot salt block. It seared the beef really well and added a perfect salt flavor and had some dipping sauces standing by. We did it like fondue, an interactive cook and we just stood around the stove and ate while we cooked the next batch.

We ate a lot, it was really good but it a ton of fun. Anyone else ever done this?

AoJDDcq.jpg

It was raining tonight so we stayed in and played with a salt block that I got as a gift 4 years ago. Never used it before, warmed it up in the oven to 350F and then on the stove top to 450F. We found some nice flap meat at Sam’s, sliced it thin and tossed onto the hot salt block. It seared the beef really well and added a perfect salt flavor and had some dipping sauces standing by. We did it like fondue, an interactive cook and we just stood around the stove and ate while we cooked the next batch.

We ate a lot, it was really good but it a ton of fun. Anyone else ever done this?

AoJDDcq.jpg

Yep,but it was years ago,in college,with no salt block.

Back