THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a couple racks of ribs I'm doing tonight for the in laws. It's been raining nonstop for the past week and today is the only small break we get. Rain should start back up Saturday and go for another week.

I'm just thankful I'm not getting flooded like some areas here.

I feel sorry for you guys. Glad your not getting flooded.

Rolled 3 fatties today to be smoked for Sunday brunch, to be followed up with Conecuh sausage with peppers and onions and washed down with much liquid, as we are tailgateing for the Pensacola Beach Mardi Gras parade. :)

NY strip and baked taters tonight, al pastor tacos on the Blackstone tomorrow, and a pork butt + fresh made jalapeño sausage, kielbasa, tater salad, slaw, & cornbread on Sunday. All sandwiched around some baseball. Plus 4 growlers of local brews. Yep, it's the weekend

Making gumbo for Fat Tuesday party at work (and working Sunday-Tuesday so gotta do it today.) Have some smoked turkey vac-packed in the freezer so just gonna smoke some sausage.

Probably do some burgers for dinner.

Hope everybody's having a great weekend!

It was supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday, so I took Friday off to smoke ribs.

I've only done ribs on my smoker maybe a half a dozen times. Still getting them dialed in. I used to make better ribs setting the kettle up for offset smoking.

I completely scrapped my entire process this time and started from scratch. New rub recipe. Changed up the wood. And changed the timing of each step. These were the best I've done so far. Another 15 minutes or so in the foil and they would be perfect.

Attachments

Well had no plans to cook, but since it will be crazy nice tomorrow I just started making a list and inviting people over. Going to look for a brisket and then pull some stuff out of the freezer :-D.

Happy Phriday Phu and Pharkers!

No smoke this weekend...except for the tyres on my truck before I get new ones in the morning.

Have to edit this one...

I'm doing some Grilled spicy chicken wings with soy and fish sauce accompanied by Asian Ramen Coleslaw and possibly washed down with a few homebrews.

Wife is out of town so appetizers on the smoker for Boys Club with the kids. ABTs, Bacon wrapped-cheese stuffed-meatballs, and some chicken breast strips in Buffalo Wing Rub.

Got The Magnificent Seven from Redbox and we are going to eat on the couch, in front of the TV, in our underwear. (Just don't tell my wife).....

I will be starting out with a Smithfield extra tender butt stuffed with garlic cloves taking a mojo bath for at least 24 hrs then will rub down with an adobo rub, extra oregano and cumin. I will then smoke with oak at 275 till done. Black beans and yellow rice and some fried plantains as well. If I can remember I will get a thread with some pron. I will of course be watching the Daytona 500 and partaking in a few white russians!!

Back