got to scratch the itch real good...

AlwaysSmokey

is Blowin Smoke!
It was just one of those beautiful days with a perfect temp. ( 78 deg.) and no wind. I live up on a hill so the no wind thing was REALLY cool!! Also got a small enough brisket,.. 9 lb after trimmed, to actually cook a day cook. So,.. not staying up all night, no wind, plenty of beer, radio jamming, beautiful blue sky day = a very happy camper. Did a butt along side the brisket and some sausage while the two were in their 3 hour rest. Sorry about "lack of pron" I just farking forget to snap pics...lol.. but I'm getting better.

Looks really good! It seems like smoking season is about done around here (PA) At least for me, I haven't figured out how to smoke in the winter. We won't see a day that warm for several months now.

That looks fantastic! What kind of cooker are you using? It looks solid.

That's the Old Country Pecos smoker. ( Academy) I like it, runs like a champ. I have a 250 gallon offset in the works, but I needed a patio size offset. I have owned char broil, char grill, and brinkman offset smokers and this one puts those to shame. Best box store offset IMO. :thumb: Plus,.. it was a little dinged up (paint scratches and such) from shipping to the store,.. so I got a 70.00 discount. :-D

BBQ, beer, tunes and and a blue sky, you just described my "happy place".
Glad that you had a good day and the food looks great, thanks for sharing.

What a great way to spend a day,
I worked and Had a Ham and Cheese sandwich, sigh:mmph:

Looks like the perfect lunch: Brisket and Pork butt sammys. By the way, how long did that 9 pounder take until it decided it was done?

Ran 225-250. It wanted every bit of 10 hours and 45 min. But I had plenty of time before the 7pm dinner so I just drank another beer and piddeled in the garage till she probed right. The butt gave up around 8 hours in.

I have the smaller version of that smoker, the Ranch Hand coal smoker, and I absolutely love it. I find I get the best temps, most stable temps, with my UDS "French Fry Charcoal Basket" (yes, an old French Fry basket from a restaurant) loaded with charcoal and then wood put on there accordingly. All of that food looks great.

Back