THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Has anybody used Frontier Lump Charcoal? I saw a review from 16Adams, sounded like it was ok. I might order a few bags.

Bought some Frontier XL lump last fall at Menards on clearance. Pretty good sized chunks, would buy it again.

Years ago you could get Frontier Lump 30# for $10 at Walmart. Perhaps 5 years ago? Worth every penny. I'm thinking my last Frontier was $2 bags of Frontier Briquettes. But I've slept a lot since then. Was it a recent lump review?

I use Frontier, I never noticed the sparks because my firebox is enclosed.

As long as it been handled properly, always large chunks of lump.

I have some lump spark, some don't, same bag same brand, different bag of same brand, however. I don't worry about it as my cookers are on concrete, surrounded three walls two are brick. Comp roof. If I was in the Forrest with deadfall it would be a concern, but I'm not. Lump is cool because that's where you find the weird stuff.

Last edited:
Coworker bought some form Winn Dixie this weekend and cooked a few rack of ribs and a spatchcock chicken on his egg. Said it tasted good, but I didn't get a sample...

Back