THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BobBrisket

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob
We were picking up some stuff at Sam's on Friday night and this 3 pack of Ribeyes called out to me! Had to bring them home and give a warm place in our bellies! Enjoyed a little side salad with some of them marinated mozz balls! Grilled up some onion and jalapeno on the side. Yes, tossed the skins in the fire.
WP_20131213_001_zps68b15fb1.jpg

Hit the onions with some evoo, Wooster, and some Corky's rub.
WP_20131213_002_zpsec369d30.jpg

WP_20131213_003_zpsfee4cf76.jpg

Enjoyed a glass of wine with Mrs. Brisket!:twisted:
WP_20131213_005_zpsd01a17e9.jpg

Perfect!! Nice and rare...........:thumb:
WP_20131213_006_zps0dc7949c.jpg

Wings.....kinda smo/grilled em. I made em in the Kettle. Just kinda spread em out on the grate put the lid on and let it do it's stuff. Toward the end, I rotated em in and out of the hot spot for color and char.
I made a batch of hot for me and some garlic and lemon pepper for the wife and kids. Damn good!
WP_20131214_010_zps22c29728.jpg

WP_20131214_011_zpsfb124fea.jpg

Had a snack. Was kinda surprised that the wife enjoyed a couple of em too. I love these things.
WP_20131214_009_zpsa7b3d5aa.jpg

Lastly, I took all of the wing tips and tossed em in a pot with a mater, some rosemary, garlic and onion powder along with some salt and pepper. I made another gallon sized zip full of glorious chicken stock to put away in the freezer. Can't let em go to waste!
WP_20131214_008_zpsc316bfa6.jpg

Thanks fer looking!:heh:

Bob

Man that looks great!! What is the rub on the steaks?

I mixed the regular Montreal, (our family favorite) and added a bit of the McCormick's Molasses/Bacon seasoning! Good stuff. That molasses/bacon seasoning is killer in a baked potato.

Thanks for the comments, Folks!:thumb:

Looks awesome. Were the steaks cooked in a cast iron pan?

Funny you mention that. I had thought about putting the CI pan in the kettle and let it get roaring hot to create a nice char on em. They went indirect for a few minutes and then I tossed em on the hottest part of the coals to singe up and flare up. That's why the rub crisped up like that. Then pulled em off to the cool spot and stacked em on eachother to rest and get all juicy on each other.
thanks!
Bob

I know what's for dinner. Beef!!!!

Thanks-easy to decide what's for supper viewing your lineup :eusa_clap

Back