THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Grabbed a nice picanha from the freezer last week and decided to cook it on the French rotisserie again. I did a setup using my WGA as 'fire pit' which worked really well. Used some wood flakes for additional smoke. Picanha only seasoned with salt, was done in about 45mins. After a 10m rest we attacked, I almost forgot to take a pic of the finished product.

During my last trip to the meat shop, I had a quick look in their freezers and discovered a familiar looking package of STL Ribs: Premium Swift. I´ve NEVER seen them before, my guess is they have these for KCBS comp teams but as all comps are cancelled, are selling them to the general public. As I´ve seen them on this forum, I knew they should be good and I grabbed 2 slabs. Smoked one on the stickburner yesterday, rubbed with Oakridge Smokey Chile Lime. The slab had some extra meat hanging on the side, I cut it off and smoked it as a snack. The snack taster REALLY good so I was eager to try the ribs. Took a little over 6 hours to get the ribs perfect, average temp was around 250F. They were juicy as hell and about the best ribs I´ve ever had. The meat tasted amazing. We served them with bacon baked beans and cornbread.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I got in touch with the meat shop about those ribs.
They are a new item for them since 2 months and will be getting more.
Found my new favorite ribs!

Yoeri, The food looks fantastic.:thumb: I am planning on cooking some Rib Eyes tonight but I bet they will not be as good as yours. Thanks for posting. Also I now am hungry for ribs so I guess I will get some out of the freezer for later.
Thanks for posting
Tom

Back