Friday´s picanha and Sunday´s rib cook

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Grabbed a nice picanha from the freezer last week and decided to cook it on the French rotisserie again. I did a setup using my WGA as 'fire pit' which worked really well. Used some wood flakes for additional smoke. Picanha only seasoned with salt, was done in about 45mins. After a 10m rest we attacked, I almost forgot to take a pic of the finished product.

During my last trip to the meat shop, I had a quick look in their freezers and discovered a familiar looking package of STL Ribs: Premium Swift. I´ve NEVER seen them before, my guess is they have these for KCBS comp teams but as all comps are cancelled, are selling them to the general public. As I´ve seen them on this forum, I knew they should be good and I grabbed 2 slabs. Smoked one on the stickburner yesterday, rubbed with Oakridge Smokey Chile Lime. The slab had some extra meat hanging on the side, I cut it off and smoked it as a snack. The snack taster REALLY good so I was eager to try the ribs. Took a little over 6 hours to get the ribs perfect, average temp was around 250F. They were juicy as hell and about the best ribs I´ve ever had. The meat tasted amazing. We served them with bacon baked beans and cornbread.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I got in touch with the meat shop about those ribs.
They are a new item for them since 2 months and will be getting more.
Found my new favorite ribs!

Yoeri, The food looks fantastic.:thumb: I am planning on cooking some Rib Eyes tonight but I bet they will not be as good as yours. Thanks for posting. Also I now am hungry for ribs so I guess I will get some out of the freezer for later.
Thanks for posting
Tom

Back