Food confessions

Another vote for not liking chicken breast. They are tasteless and need good sauce or seasoning to make edible for me. And must be cooked perfect. Pulled pork is also meh.

On most given days, I'd take a good hot dog/burger/brat over any of the other fancy stuff.

And I like cooking pizzas on the Blackstone and grilling various foods over lump on the Egg more then most BBQ!!

I have never made homemade mac and cheese.

I farking hate tofu.

Don't like chicken breast

To me, they are about the same. Taste like whatever they are seasoned with. I cook a turkey or chicken, I eat the dark meat, the white meat goes into soup or stew, just like tofu.

Love: all natural hot dogs, the local grocery store makes their own. Love those farking things. Smoke them a bit then eat as many as Joey Chestnut.

Not Love: The things I don't love I don't make. Turkey, I never eat it, I'd rather go hungry than eat turkey. I smoked one for work and people told me it was delicious, I told them I wouldn't know because I won't eat those feathered lab rats.

I too don't grill burgers for others. They want charred hockey pucks, I like mine smoked over bourbon barrel wood, reverse sear style.

So....................
Not love:
BBQ pork butt.......................

????!!??? Sometimes it's like I don't even know who you are anymore.......

P.S. I have already sourced some metal for that smoker mod you were telling me about. Looking forward to the test.

I like grilled chicken better than it being smoked/BBQ.

Can't think of any BBQ I don't like(other than fake pulled pork at restaurants) but what I dislike cooking is what else but grilled chicken at deer camp. Not because I don't like grilling it, but it's after a day of hunting, we do it under a lean-to next to the hunting shack, there is not enough light to see what the heck is going on and it's an old grill which the vents hardly move. Did I mention the handle is a tree stand foot peg that is screwed in it. That thing conducts heat real swell. But I did it one year and it's been my job since because I can make some dang good grilled chicken.

I could live on chicken nuggets. I very rarely eat them because of how horrible they are for you and the fact I know Im pretty much eating feet and *******s :)

Meatloaf. I hate meatloaf. Its my moms fault. Shes not a terrible cook but she ruined meatloaf for me at a young age.....gross

Love:
Pulled pork I make myself, and I do like some sauce (tho not a ton). Sweet sauce, not spicy. I've got a recipe for some I make myself and its pretty good.
Smoking a whole chicken - we do this about once a week and get several meals off the bird.
Rack of lamb - only cooked once, but it was amazing, reverse seared it, SO GOOD! love the gamey flavor (my wife wasn't wild about it)
OceanSpray cranberry sauce that's shaped like the can.
Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce. I know...but it's good!

Do not like:
Pulled pork at most restaurants, because most places pre-sauce it, either with WAY too much sauce, or a sauce I don't like.
Hotdogs. Why would I want to eat the stuff that gets squeegeed off the slaughterhouse floor at the end of the day?
Beef Ribs - I've cooked them twice, and they looked and smelled great...they were okay at best. I prefer pork ribs.

Love: almost anything smoked or grilled, except (see below)

Hate: food that is really hot (spicy). Flavor is good, but if its too hot, I'll pass. Don't understand the HOTTER is better thing. I'm Scandinavian.

Tofu anything, and fake things that are supposed to taste like real things, but never do
like turkey bacon, veggie burgers, eggbeaters, etc.

I like turkey burgers, and I also like some veggie burgers. But I treat them as their own thing, a different kind of sandwich, not a replacement for a beef burger.

I lack the ashamed factor, I suppose.

People grill me all the time for my unashamed love of the most simple and greatest cheese dip ever: Velveeta + Ro-tel (hereafter referred to as cheese dip). Doesn't mean quesos aren't great. They are. I make some fancy schmancy ones m'self; but they're apples & oranges in comparison. I make a dish I've called Hillbilly Taco Salad, and it wouldn't be the same if used a queso on it like I employ the cheese dip. I didn't think it possible, but when I added a lot of fresh serranos, it was enhanced.

I love miracle whip (MW) and prefer it over mayonnaise. In fact, I don' like mayonnaise at all. I slather MW on hot dogs.

I salt my granny smiths.

I despise ranch dressing.

I don't care for raw tomatoes.

I'm sure there is much more that ticks the professional culinary world off. That is okay.

I lack the ashamed factor, I suppose.

People grill me all the time for my unashamed love of the most simple and greatest cheese dip ever: Velveeta + Ro-tel (hereafter referred to as cheese dip). Doesn't mean quesos aren't great. They are. I make some fancy schmancy ones m'self; but they're apples & oranges in comparison. I make a dish I've called Hillbilly Taco Salad, and it wouldn't be the same if used a queso on it like I employ the cheese dip. I didn't think it possible, but when I added a lot of fresh serranos, it was enhanced.

I love miracle whip (MW) and prefer it over mayonnaise. In fact, I don' like mayonnaise at all. I slather MW on hot dogs.

I salt my granny smiths.

I despise ranch dressing.

I don't care for raw tomatoes.

I'm sure there is much more that ticks the professional culinary world off. That is okay.

love that dip but I add browned jimmy dean sausage to it

????!!??? Sometimes it's like I don't even know who you are anymore.......

P.S. I have already sourced some metal for that smoker mod you were telling me about. Looking forward to the test.

I admit it, with shame. But I hope I am safe among friends. Perhaps there is a pork butt appreciation support group?

Good luck with the mod!

Now this thread is really goin.

I also hate turkey. Usually mix it with stuffing or mashed potatoes to get it down. Also hate cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes...so Thanksgiving sucks. Also hate meatloaf. Mom used to force us to eat it and she always put hardboiled eggs in the middle. Blech.

Pulled Pork is good sauced or in leftovers like tacos. Like it on a sandwich with sauce and Cole slaw. Not a big fan plain.

I also hate ribeyes. Too much fat and gristle. They look good when you guys cook them but I won't eat them. Filet is my favorite but will eat a Strip or sirloin if it's lean. Fat or gristle gets in my mouth I spit it out.

Not a fan of turkey much, m'self. Always ask 'em to cook a ham on Thanksgiving, instead. Or, even better, I host a Tex-Mex thanksgiving and make tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salsa, etc.

like: brisket flat, smoked meatloaf, potted meat:oops:

dislike: brisket point - too fatty (i have been known to chop it up in a pan and cook out the fat for brisket tacos if i am out of flat), pulled pork unless its on a bun with slaw and bbq sauce, any form of sea food, turkey legs, using so much hot spices or peppers that you can't taste what you are eating

and i am with jwh...who doesn't love the crap out of velveeta and rotel???:confused: and yes i understand that velveeta is the spam of the cheese world. :heh:

Back