Food confessions

I get my pork butts cut in half for more surface area for rub which yields more bark per bite. They always turn out great and flavorful.

Having just returned from a biz trip to China, things I hate are very fresh in my mind: fish heads and chicken feet. Farking aweful. Also despise brussel sprouts, califlower and broccali.

I'm not a big fan of chicken, but will admit that chicken off the PBC is good.

Love me some pork ribs, pulled pork, rib eyes, those nasty Bar-S smoked sausages :shock: and most wild game; ducks, goose, pheasant (oooh yeah), venison, elk...that list is long.

Cheers

Vam

I too cannot stand the taste of coffee at all! The smell is fine, but in order to make it palatable to me, I need to add so much cream and sugar that it doesn't really count as coffee at that point. I think I just can't stand bitterness in foods in general (don't even get me started on all the trendy hoppy beer that everyone seems to want...blech!)

I also cannot stand even the smell of seafood. Fish I like, but no shellfish (and that includes shrimp). But I don't like smoked fish at all (salmon, whitefish, chubbs, etc.).

I like raw tomatoes (home grown ALWAYS tastes better than the stuff at the grocery store), but not on a sandwich of any kind because it makes everything slide out!

On things I like though: I love the fake nacho cheese that you get at a stadium or sporting event (the stuff from Sam's Club is great!). I am one of those that actually likes turkey, but admittedly not a big fan of the white meat.

I like ketchup, black pepper, miracle whip, mcribs, cheap bologna but not all together

I love hot dogs of any kind

I put butter on my turkey sandwiches

I will not eat my barbecue on the day that I cook it but enjoy it the next day

I dislike potatoes but enjoy sweet potatoes

I do not like IPA's

EDIT

I do not like fresh mushrooms but like sauteed mushrooms

I do not liked cooked tomatoes but love fresh tomatoes especially on a bologna sandwich with wonder bread, black pepper and miracle whip

Last edited:
Loves:
Mac 'n Cheese from a box
Hormel Chili
(the former mixed with the latter)
Food that is spicy to the point of near numbness
SPAM
Black Olives in a can...yes I eat tons of them...yes I STILL put the big ones on my fingers as though I were 5...

Hates:
Shrimp
All oily fish
grilled green bell pepper (love them raw hate them cooked)
Onions (Hate them raw love them cooked)
Mushrooms (love raw hate cooked)
I can't STAND cake frosting from the grocery store bakery...I scrape it off and eat the cake naked

Likes: I'm pretty cool with most stuff, including turkey and chicken breasts. I love brisket (both point and flat) and like BBQ sauce. I pretty much love all things BBQ.......EXCEPT.....

Dislikes: I may catch hell for this......I can't stand ABTs!! I hate the cream cheese in them. Weirdly enough, I love cream cheese frosting though. I'm also not a fan of eating jalapenos like that. I'm just fine using them as an ingredient in chili and stuff like that but I just don't do ABTs.

I also can't stand olives. I don't care what color they are or if they're with or without pits. They will NOT see the valuable real estate of my dinner plate!! Cottage cheese is right up there with olives. If I see that crap on my plate, I might just get a little pissed off about that!!! :evil:

Guilty pleasure: Hot dogs. I prefer coarse-ground in natural casings, but if they're not available, pretty much any brand will do. Mustard, but no ketchup.

Don't like: The idea of eating raw fish. Fish should be cooked before eating. Raw fish is for bait, or fertilizer.

Back