THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't use any sugar in my rub, so that's not it. SPOG and usually a little something extra. This time it was a little Chipotle powder. I used to foil wrap when it got the color I liked because I was not a fan of "meteor" looking briskets. So, the color was better, but the bark was mushy. After I got this cabinet, I tried natural all the way through and decided I do like the bark that comes with the meteor. Now to perfect it, I may have to give that roll of Kraft paper I bought a couple years ago a try...

Does anybody have data on the smoke penetration / profile on Fat cap UP vs DOWN?

I have always cook cap UP like Franklin does when cooking on the offset. But when I pickup my LSG IVC, I would think cap UP would yield better smoke flavor.

I like a crispy bark vs mushy. But a heavier smoke profile is also my preferred taste.

Back