THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you mean you pull it off the grill and let it rest ? ( waiting on the grill to get hot ? ) could you do indirect , then to direct for the searing part with out having to pull it and wait to throw back on ? I luv mid rare steaks with a nice hard sear on them , don't want to make something simple and delicious harder than it needs to be.... ( kis )

Yeah I could have explained that better. At 115 I took it off indirect (put in on a plate) for just a couple minute's to get the direct heat coals very hot again. While it was going indirect I had the bottom vent only about 1/4 open to control the temp some. It was about 375 in the grill. Once I pulled it off indirect I opened the bottom vent wide open let the coals get very hot and put the ribeye on direct heat (at this point you leave the lid off the grill). Once I was at 135 (140) I took it off and it rested about 10 min while the potatoes cooked. Then I plated and tore it up! Man it was good!
Hope that explains it better.

Yeah I could have explained that better. At 115 I took it off indirect (put in on a plate) for just a couple minute's to get the direct heat coals very hot again. While it was going indirect I had the bottom vent only about 1/4 open to control the temp some. It was about 375 in the grill. Once I pulled it off indirect I opened the bottom vent wide open let the coals get very hot and put the ribeye on direct heat (at this point you leave the lid off the grill). Once I was at 135 (140) I took it off and it rested about 10 min while the potatoes cooked. Then I plated and tore it up! Man it was good!
Hope that explains it better.

oh ok got ya , it damn sure looked great, I like to try food different ways, seasoning, searing, braising, smoking , low and slow , fast and hot , ect ect ect , gonna give reverse searing a try.......

Back