First reverse sear ribeye

you mean you pull it off the grill and let it rest ? ( waiting on the grill to get hot ? ) could you do indirect , then to direct for the searing part with out having to pull it and wait to throw back on ? I luv mid rare steaks with a nice hard sear on them , don't want to make something simple and delicious harder than it needs to be.... ( kis )

Yeah I could have explained that better. At 115 I took it off indirect (put in on a plate) for just a couple minute's to get the direct heat coals very hot again. While it was going indirect I had the bottom vent only about 1/4 open to control the temp some. It was about 375 in the grill. Once I pulled it off indirect I opened the bottom vent wide open let the coals get very hot and put the ribeye on direct heat (at this point you leave the lid off the grill). Once I was at 135 (140) I took it off and it rested about 10 min while the potatoes cooked. Then I plated and tore it up! Man it was good!
Hope that explains it better.

Yeah I could have explained that better. At 115 I took it off indirect (put in on a plate) for just a couple minute's to get the direct heat coals very hot again. While it was going indirect I had the bottom vent only about 1/4 open to control the temp some. It was about 375 in the grill. Once I pulled it off indirect I opened the bottom vent wide open let the coals get very hot and put the ribeye on direct heat (at this point you leave the lid off the grill). Once I was at 135 (140) I took it off and it rested about 10 min while the potatoes cooked. Then I plated and tore it up! Man it was good!
Hope that explains it better.

oh ok got ya , it damn sure looked great, I like to try food different ways, seasoning, searing, braising, smoking , low and slow , fast and hot , ect ect ect , gonna give reverse searing a try.......

Back