THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going to try this, this weekend while my parents are in town! I may try to add a little beef broth, and I'm going to do a mixture of bell peppers and jalapenos to help regulate the heat a little. The big question is what beer to use!?

I have ONE Guinness left in the fridge. I'm not sure if I want to use it or not!
I have the following home brews available:
-Jack Daniels Habanero Crème Ale
-Honey Brown Ale clone
-Blue Moon clone with added orange

Should I just stick with using the one Guinness I have or should I use something from my own kitchen?

So far with my experience with PSB, You don't need any liquid, the chuck roasts will make plenty. Unless you are wanting to separate the broth and use it for something else. The last batch of PSB I made I poured most of it off, and I only filled the bottom of the pan with beef broth. Was very little broth and there was still a lot to pour off.

I haven't tried it with a stout, but I'm sure its there for flavor. I would only use one stout.

Jersey - Looks great and sounds like a plan for dinner tonight. Try it with some provolone too - mighty tasty!

GLOCKer - use any beer you like, I wound't go with something sweet though. You can use just beef broth if you like.

For anyone who has a Giant Foot store around them, they have chuck roasts on sale for $2.99/lb this week.

Great looking PSB's. Not sure what it is, but when I make these, it takes about 8 or 9 hours until they shred easily. But they are worth the wait...

Back